Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Check These oot, Min! New helmets from E. Konig!!
I have to agree with Brian. If you are going to make a replica and take the pains to raise it from one piece, why not make it as per the find/report rather than make noticeable 'amendments'.

I was floored when I first saw the photos of Brian's reconstruction - simply stunning.

Quote:This copy of a Gallic D, picture from the RAT Helmet Database, is often used as a model for the Weisenau 369, but it isn't the same helmet:

This Gallic D helmet (using HRR eyebrow classification) is a copy of a helmet from the cemetary at Verdun in Slovenia. (A Gallic type E was also found there and associated finds suggest auxiliary use)

Quote:Changing subject to the C, I can't help worry that the ears would
be the prime target for the long sword wielding woolly buggers we would face while conquering Gaul!

none of the seven Gallic A's I'm aware of ever had them, nor the helmet HRR classified as a Gallic B. :wink:

I'm certain that your 'woolly buggers' would be aiming for more vital parts of you than your ears Byron! Ears are never a 'kill'! They do however make nice necklaces!!! :twisted:

Messages In This Thread
Re: Check These oot, Min! New helmets from E. Konig!! - by Peroni - 11-20-2008, 09:28 PM