Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to portray a Spartan king from the classical era?
Thanks for the reply Stefanos.

I'm more aiming for 500BC to 300BC, something like that, basicly from Thermopylae to the Spartan golden age.

And those are some nice pictures, I believe that they are from the SpartasMoras reenactment group?

My second favorite, or well, my favorite now. I e-mailed Hoplitikon and I got a response that it was disbanded Sad .

Also, about the crest symbols on the Corinthian, was the black-white cubes the most common version at the time? I was thinking of doing triangles probably(red-white, or red-black), don't know if thats Historical though(and I want it to be just that).

Also, one last question. The Spartan bodyguards, I knew they were Olympic winners, and that they fought next to the king and that it was a big unit. But would all the bodyguards be wearing the Bodyguard symbol? Or just the 2 fighting right next to the king?
"Go and tell the Spartans, stranger passing by, that here obedient to their laws we lie." -Thermopylae

Peter

Messages In This Thread
Re: How to portray a Spartan king from the classical era? - by Phalanx300 - 11-06-2008, 09:02 PM