Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latest Pictures Gladiators of Ars Dimicandi
Quote:
Opifex:1hhbr3p7 Wrote:So please do not compare "weekend festival actors" with "warriors".
At least this is what the videos show me linked in this topic.
You know 300....this disappointing movie...but remember just one Q and A: "What is your job?"

I consider myself a "weekend festival actor", and I am proud of it but what do you exactly mean when you describe yourself as a warrior?

Ave!

I am not member of Ars Dimicand. I just sow both mentioned group several time in live and on videos. So it was my private opinion only.

About me. However I am not a warrior, but i have a fix imagination what it could mean 2000 years ago. Since I was 6 at least one training per day.
Full contact karate, ju-do, several full contact fights till submission or KO. 10+ years with sword and parma in my hand (3 trainings per week in Collegium Gladiatorium 10 training camps at least in CG.)
And few years working in the night, war on the Balkan, when I speak about reality... That was sad anyway...

Something else regarding the authenticity of roman gladiator equipments. It is always a strange question for me. You know I am not professional I just read and follow what smart historians and archeologist say.

Did the technology exists? Yes
Were these people at least as smart as we are? Yes
Was only one place where gladiators fought (Pompeii)? No
Do we have arenas 1000 and 1000 miles from Rome? Yes we have with different cultures in different countries. e.g. El-jem, Aquincum (south, North east)
So if till today anybody did not dig out a peace of manica or a shield painting (which rotten of course), what we read about anyway, what we can reproduce with the same tools with the same technology that surly Romans used, why Romans did not create the tool / equipment if they could and if it was the solution for a problem?

Just example here. *if it is incorrect and not true, correct me please.

Plate Manica.. how many times we (C.G.) got that: It is not authentic, it was not in Pompeii... for further details here is a link which I believe more. But it is true it was not found in Pompeii.. :wink:
http://www.romanarmy.net/manica.htm

Vale
Collegium Gladiatorium Hungary
aka Gus ztav Gar as

Messages In This Thread
Re: Latest Pictures Gladiators of Ars Dimicandi - by Opifex - 10-07-2008, 01:22 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  new book by Ars Dimicandi hephestus 13 5,179 06-22-2011, 02:33 AM
Last Post: michiann
  New clip Gladiators fight by Ars Dimicandi Velite 6 3,636 12-21-2008, 10:31 PM
Last Post: Velite
  Video Ars Dimicandi Gladiators - Season 2007 hephestus 6 3,661 02-22-2008, 10:18 AM
Last Post: hephestus