Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
German versus Japanese atrocities - and a comparison to Rome
Quote:I would not have expected that a 70 plus year old event would be modern enough for posters here to have personal feelings about it.

I have experience personal feelings about the find of a Roman helmet in 1910. And that was from a crowded room full of people feeling hostile.
Likewise, lots of people have much, much stronger feelings about this "70-year old event".

However, my qualification of this topic as "modern politics" referred to your statements about the post-war treatment of Japan vs. germany, which brings this topic much closer than 70 years. My main problem, however, was with your attempt to start this topic as a 'Roman' discussion, before admitting that this was never your intention.

In the same light I find your following statement very mispalced:
Quote:The next time you INTENTIONALLY take a statement I made out of context like you just did here I will ask that the moderators either reprimand or ban you.
I am not saying they will act but by doing this you greatly insult what I think is a very good scholarly forum.

You probably did not realise that you were addressing a moderator?

Well, no matter. If and when you have problems with a fellow member or with a moderator, never resort to statements like these. Either you PM the person you have problems with, or PM a moderator. Never resort to threats in public, esopecially about what mods will or won't do.

This discussion is clearly no longer about a valid subject. Thread closed.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)

Messages In This Thread
Re: German versus Japanese atrocities - and a comparison to Rome - by Gaius Decius Aquilius - 09-16-2008, 03:21 PM
OT cut-off - by Goffredo - 09-16-2008, 03:36 PM
Re: German versus Japanese atrocities - and a comparison to Rome - by Robert Vermaat - 09-16-2008, 06:00 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  roman atrocities TFLAVIUSAMBIORIX 72 12,114 01-31-2006, 08:25 PM
Last Post: Caius Valens
  makes tunics and bashing pale by comparison richsc 2 1,243 05-20-2003, 03:13 PM
Last Post: Anonymous