Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shining/Polished/New vs Worn/Weathered/Used Armour
Sure Matt, post the picture of my unfinished scutum without the boss on it!

My seggie looks like I put it on and rolled down a hill with it...lacing loops are all mishapen (though mostly cuz I made'em that way), dents and some rust (I need to hit it with a scotch brite pad).

I think too Yuri that unless we've all just come from a battle, our gear as Matt said would be cleaned...otherwise with the materials it's all made from, it would fall apart and fail us (and our ancestral counterparts as well). But, that's not to say that plates didn't get dinged up and repaired, so even shiny armour would have some dents to it.

My next seggie and my current scutum I'm hoping to put some battle damage on it...

Legion: TBD

Messages In This Thread
Re: Shining/Polished/New vs Worn/Weathered/Used Armour - by Gaius Decius Aquilius - 08-07-2008, 03:39 AM
Re: Shining/Polished/New vs Worn/Weathered/Used Armour - by Gaius Decius Aquilius - 08-07-2008, 11:00 PM
Re: Shining/Polished/New vs Worn/Weathered/Used Armour - by Magnus - 08-08-2008, 04:39 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roman Metal Armour-Polished or Dull? Sanvean 81 18,709 11-14-2007, 05:02 PM
Last Post: MARCvSVIBIvSMAvRINvS
  Were thin baldrics worn in the 3rd century ? Theodosius the Great 0 975 11-18-2004, 08:45 PM
Last Post: Theodosius the Great