Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shining/Polished/New vs Worn/Weathered/Used Armour
Quote:
MARCVS PETRONIVS MAIVS:12zen7ks Wrote:I ... movies are nearly if not always wrong...

and ...

hollywood 'looks' more realistic. ...because of the 'worn out' look.

And movies have budgets of $100,000,000 plus... which is probably more than the Roman sections of half the museums in the US and/or Europe get.

Last time I asked my wife for a $100,000,000 for a few worn out looking suits of amour I got a cold and firm "No".

Ralph

Hmmn. Like I said in that sentence, I am not defending hollywood, nor do I believe they portray Romans realistically at all. I was just raising a point about how WE portray them in relation to hollywood.

Also, its surprising they don't get it right with that kind of budget. Clearly, an excess in money does not mean accurate films. We on the other hand seem to do just fine with what we have.

If we can ask our wives for $2000 for polished suits of armour, im sure they can put up with worn out looking ones for the same price tag :wink:

Messages In This Thread
Re: Shining/Polished/New vs Worn/Weathered/Used Armour - by Gaius Decius Aquilius - 08-07-2008, 03:39 AM
Re: Shining/Polished/New vs Worn/Weathered/Used Armour - by Gaius Decius Aquilius - 08-07-2008, 11:00 PM
Re: Shining/Polished/New vs Worn/Weathered/Used Armour - by MARCVS PETRONIVS MAIVS - 08-07-2008, 11:22 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roman Metal Armour-Polished or Dull? Sanvean 81 18,879 11-14-2007, 05:02 PM
Last Post: MARCvSVIBIvSMAvRINvS
  Were thin baldrics worn in the 3rd century ? Theodosius the Great 0 980 11-18-2004, 08:45 PM
Last Post: Theodosius the Great