Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Byzantine Strategikon Extreme Punishment
Very true, but there are many other sections where the punishment is death and it uses capital punishment or the penalty is death. The extreme penalty almost seems to me that it could be a specific form of death sentence that is particularly horrible. I was just curious if someone was aware of what exactly the penalty was specifically. It could be a method of death or practices that followed along with it that were particularly disgraceful. Heck, in a mostly Catholic culture it could even have religious connotations attached along with it. I would consider excommunication and believing you are eternally damned to be a rather extreme penalty. I was hoping there might be some info in another source that someone is aware of, but perhaps it is just another small detail that was common knowledge (too common unfortunately so never specified) lost to the ages. Or perhaps it is just simply a death sentence where the wording seems odd to overly anal men of the future.
Derek D. Estabrook

Messages In This Thread
Re: Byzantine Strategikon Extreme Punishment - by Ironhand - 08-02-2008, 10:01 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Punishment in the late Roman Army romanonick 9 2,889 09-02-2009, 07:04 PM
Last Post: romanonick
  Proper name: scourge or punishment whip Ron Andrea 5 2,227 04-25-2007, 11:38 PM
Last Post: M. Demetrius
  Extreme Weather Apparel Anonymous 1 1,306 02-23-2005, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Carlton Bach