Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Accuracy of HBO Series: Rome (would like opinions before buy
Hell Yeah and a seconded. I watch the series almost once a week LOL the only replacement for the band of brothers and its much awaited sequel I can compare too. what so amazing about Rome the series to me was yes there were alot of inaccuracies, but Bruno's Style was great. A different view.

The great thing about Rome was that alot of what they did was fill in the details of things that were not known.

How was Brutus really eaten up inside by the changing of his friendship to ceaser.

What happened to Veronus and Pullo after there intense meeting outside that faded day in Gaul.

What was Servillia like after her affair with Caesar in his younger years.

And I am sorry but James purefoy as Marc Antony Cmon can anyone say what a great Job he did playing this Role. I have done alot of reading on Anthony, My fiancee calls him my historical Man crush okay that's how bad it is LOL... and he just played the PART. One minute you hated him the next minute you were I want to have a amphora of Wine with this guy.

Also and this is very very underplayed in cricles of discussion about this, But the easter eggs of historical information through out the show.

The 13th DID actually march on Rome, Julius Caeser did die at the feet of the Statue of Pompey, Cassius did die first then Brutus Gave up all hope, Pompey did have his head lopped off in front of the egyption court by a Centurian of a Legion he was serving with. Granted that those of us who study Roman history are the ones that will spot this out but thats the greatness of it. The show as made to initially entertain and not provide fact but they left tons and tons of what I DUB historical easter eggs in the show for almost every scene to correspond with the actual history of the event......

Also I have watched this with several sets of friends most who do not share my taste for Roman history or at least not on my level and being able to tell them what is correct and what is hinted have given them respect for Rome and its Greatness and has kept the history alive. I even caught some of them picking on history books after wards to see what was real and what was not. THAT alone makes this show one of the greats the inspiration to read and reseearch.
Marcus Antonius Gracchus
AKA: Chris Cich
Legate X Legion Historical Group, Wisconsin

"My Soldiers of the Tenth", Caesar yelled, Live up to your tradition of bravery, Keep your nerve, Meet the enemies attacks with boldness and we will win the day".

Messages In This Thread
Re: Accuracy of HBO Series: Rome (would like opinions before buy - by Gaius Decius Aquilius - 06-05-2008, 10:58 PM
Rome - by Graham Sumner - 06-06-2008, 03:55 AM
ROME - by Graham Sumner - 06-26-2008, 01:01 PM
Vorenus lives! - by Nomad661 - 06-26-2008, 11:52 PM
More Info on a Rome Feature Film - by Narukami - 12-01-2008, 04:50 PM
Re: Accuracy of HBO Series: Rome (would like opinions before buy - by Chris Legio X - 12-20-2008, 08:15 PM
Re: - by Gaius Julius Caesar - 05-02-2009, 12:49 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rome HBO series, last post look at these two pictures Woadwarrior 53 12,207 06-01-2006, 06:57 AM
Last Post: Praefectusclassis
  Rome HBO series Woadwarrior 19 5,257 05-22-2006, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Tarbicus