Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Accuracy of HBO Series: Rome (would like opinions before buy
Quote:I had heard rumors of a "Rome" movie, but that was before the set at Cinecitta was damaged by fire. Anybody know anything about it since then?

This from IMDB:

Nothing is impossible. Kevin Mckidd (Vorenus) said that they felt still had a story to tell. However it is unlikely since many are at peace with Vorenus's death. It is true that there is no concrete evidence that he is dead, and therefore HBO could bring him back, but with Anthony dead (and he is DEAD) there would be something missing from the film.

UPDATE

I copied here the stuff about Rome. Use the clicky for the rest of the interview. Enjoy!

http://www.movieweb.com/dvd/news/29/27229.php

Ray Stevenson has brought us to Rome and he will bring us to a War Zone later this year. This versatile actor is certainly a rising star in the biz, and his new film, Outpost, is hitting the DVD shelves on March 11. I recently had the chance to speak with the actor over the phone about this new project and much much more. Here's what he had to say.

...I also have to ask about Rome. Have there been any talks about...

Ray Stevenson: Have there been talks about Rome? Oh my God. (Laughs)

There have been?

Ray Stevenson: I hate to say anything, but yes. Bruno Heller, the writer and director of the show, and Bill MacDonald are in talks now for a Rome movie project.

Really? Wow. So they want to bring everyone back?

Ray Stevenson: Well, everybody who's not dead. (Laughs) There's a lot of history there, and if Punisher: War Zone goes well, obviously our profiles may help. The tricky thing with a movie, is that HBO is pay-per-view. It has a limited audience, it has its audience. You've got to try and find a movie that will stand alone and yet serve both the existing audience and attracting new ones. There was so much maturity and so much richness and so much good stuff that came out of it, that I've got my fingers, eyes, nose, teeth and everything crossed, because, in a heartbeat I would go back and do it, but people way beyond my pay scale will be making that decision.

Is there a script for this right now, or are they still developing it?

Ray Stevenson: Well, Bruno started working on the script, and then they called the writers strike. You'd have to make a call to Bruno Heller and people like that. I'm not sure what HBO's legal position or involvement or ownership issues... I mean, these are all being discussed by other people. All I can say is that there's positive talk about it. I wish I could sit here and tell you more, because I'd probably be more excited than you would be, but I'm just quietly keeping everything crossed, and encouraging from my sideline position.

...That's great, Ray. That's about all I have for you. Thank you so much for your time.

Ray Stevenson: No worries. You take care. Thank you very much.

Still just a rumor -- as we all know there are legions of great scripts and great movie ideas that never make it past pre-production despite a sea of "Green Lights." In an industry where not making a film (as in not Not Taking a Risk) is easier than making one it is little wonder than many good scripts languish in development limbo.

Will we see a Big Screen Rome? Perhaps...but I would rather a third TV season where they have the time to spend telling a story in detail. Of course the presupposes they have a script worthy of the subject matter. :?

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA

Messages In This Thread
Re: Accuracy of HBO Series: Rome (would like opinions before buy - by Gaius Decius Aquilius - 06-05-2008, 10:58 PM
Rome - by Graham Sumner - 06-06-2008, 03:55 AM
ROME - by Graham Sumner - 06-26-2008, 01:01 PM
Re: Accuracy of HBO Series: Rome (would like opinions before buy - by Narukami - 06-26-2008, 02:46 PM
Vorenus lives! - by Nomad661 - 06-26-2008, 11:52 PM
More Info on a Rome Feature Film - by Narukami - 12-01-2008, 04:50 PM
Re: - by Gaius Julius Caesar - 05-02-2009, 12:49 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rome HBO series, last post look at these two pictures Woadwarrior 53 12,195 06-01-2006, 06:57 AM
Last Post: Praefectusclassis
  Rome HBO series Woadwarrior 19 5,257 05-22-2006, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Tarbicus