Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carlysle Conference today, Oct 15 ??
yep Ive been there all weekend, I was running the visuals for it, thankfully I didn't kill anything too badly.<br>
<br>
It was an awesome conference, some really intersting material discussed, all fantastic speakers, and a lot of really exciting points made.<br>
<br>
One of the best concepts was the obvious, but now more evidenced, brigading or use of troops. I.e the formal - "this unit in this fort" idea looks a lot less likely at carlisle there seems to be the possibility for several different units- i.e auxiliarys and legionary building parties at the same time.<br>
<br>
And also Viviens work on the pottery, which she has been conveying to me as I draw the pot, is showing the possibiltiy of North African troops from VI LEG in carlisle, possibly a building party for the severan stone fort staying in the town while they constructed it.<br>
<br>
Also David Shotters coin talk and Chris Howard-Davis' talk pointed out the huge quantity of coins found around the Principia in road, and also gaming counters of bone and glass, possibly pointing to the congregation of troops for drinking and gambling etc outside the building etc.<br>
<br>
and you'll just have to ask mike about the armour<br>
all really exciting stuff<br>
<p></p><i></i>

Messages In This Thread
Carlysle Conference today, Oct 15 ?? - by richard - 10-17-2004, 12:23 PM
Re: Carlisle Conference today, Oct 15 ?? - by Anonymous - 10-17-2004, 04:16 PM
Re: Carlisle Conference today, Oct 15 ?? - by Anonymous - 10-18-2004, 06:26 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Carlysle finds: any news? richsc 1 965 05-01-2002, 05:01 PM
Last Post: mcbishop