Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swastika on roman army shields/gear
Fortunately, Christian, I am an American and I live in America... we still don't have hold-over remnants of the nazi era such as "illegal phrases" or whatever. To be free, one simply IS free, you don't legislate it, you don't schedule it, you don't make rules on "how to BE free." Confusedhock:

It all comes down to this: I like swastikas, I think it's a good luck symbol and just because Gefreiter Schickelgrüber used it for what, 23 years, that does not mean it's now forbidden for the rest of us and banned throughout time. I have a friend from India and it really pisses her off that a symbol for her religion is "forbidden."

And no, I will not stop using it on stuff. :twisted: I know, I am sure I'll get arrested in Germany, but hey, I have no plans to go there anytime soon, so am not too worried.
Marsh the Horrible
DECIMvS MERCATIvS VARIANvS
a.k.a.: Marsh Wise
Legio IX Hispana www.legioix.org

Alteris renumera duplum de quoquo tibi numeraverunt

"A fondness for power is implanted in most men, and it is natural to abuse it when acquired." -- Alexander Hamilton

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.... But then I repeat myself." ~Mark Twain

[img size=150]http://www.romanobritain.org/Graphics/marsh_qr1.png[/img]
(Oooh, Marshall, you cannot use an icky modern QR code, it is against all policies and rules.)

Messages In This Thread
Swastika on roman army shields/gear - by Decius - 04-19-2008, 11:20 AM
Re: Swastika on roman army shields/gear - by DanM - 04-21-2008, 12:25 AM
Re: Swastika on roman army shields/gear - by Gaius Decius Aquilius - 04-22-2008, 04:23 AM
Re: Swastika on roman army shields/gear - by DanM - 04-23-2008, 02:09 AM
Re: Swastika on roman army shields/gear - by DECIMvS MERCATIvS VARIANvS - 06-05-2008, 01:54 PM
Re: Swastika on roman army shields/gear - by Gaius Decius Aquilius - 06-09-2008, 07:30 PM
Re: Swastika on roman army shields/gear - by Gaius Decius Aquilius - 06-09-2008, 10:50 PM