Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tourists \'stripping ancient Rome bare\'
I agree completely with that. Every thing that it´s digged, it´s lost, and the amount of sites is limited. When all will be wasted, what we´ll do to know more? :evil:

I gave time ago all my collection of roman findings (tons of terra sigilata a bit of red fresco, anphorae handles, even an pottery piece with a graffitti Confusedhock: ) to the archeology museum. With the locations given in map, of course. I was eight years old but I still remember where I found all! Big Grin

Also I gave them two pices of decorated metal plates, that probably can be related to some VII century graves (Dark Age here. Very dark.). One day I´ll post the photos. I was lucky enough to ask questions to the archeologist who directed the research.

I hope what I did will be of help. I can do little more, butt it´s great to know you done what you can. :wink:
-This new learning amazes me, Sir Bedevere. Explain again how
sheep´s bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes.
[Image: escudocopia.jpg]Iagoba Ferreira Benito, member of Cohors Prima Gallica
and current Medieval Martial Arts teacher of Comilitium Sacrae Ensis, fencing club.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Tourists \'stripping ancient Rome bare\' - by Iagoba - 04-03-2008, 04:20 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study of ancient battles in ancient Rome Timotheus 3 1,960 09-29-2010, 09:25 AM
Last Post: Macedon