Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rome Total War Tactics - The NON-cheese variety
Quote:
Quote:Has anyone else found that light infantry/velites are a good defense against chariots? Not the missile chariots, the wicked ones that devastate infantry. Like the British and Egyptians. Ick. Cavalry doesn't do well at all against those. Suggestions?
The problem I found was that the spear throwers didn't get off even one volley before fleeing or the chariots getting among them. If you leave Skirmish on, the spear throwers just run away taking the chariots with them, and they are slowly run down. They do get an attack bonus against chariots, and maybe if you turned skirmish off ...

I just lured chariot-weilding enemies to charge my double-ranked legion and get entangled! The chariots die fast once they stop and loose the charge bonus. But I was playing Rome against an AI Pontus (typical army: about a thousand Eastern Infantry for foot and some medium cavalry and scythed chariots) so I was a bit spoiled.
Nullis in verba

I have not checked this forum frequently since 2013, but I hope that these old posts have some value. I now have a blog on books, swords, and the curious things humans do with them.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Rome Total War Tactics - The NON-cheese variety - by Sean Manning - 03-28-2008, 03:17 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Players needed Rome Total War Warrior of Italia 7 3,324 11-24-2018, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Stug50
  Rome 2 Total Realism 3 released JaM 2 5,951 12-04-2016, 09:33 AM
Last Post: Timus
  Rome: Total War II rononmaximus 250 93,181 10-16-2016, 10:35 AM
Last Post: womble67