Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rome Total War Tactics - The NON-cheese variety
I typiclly use the Seleucid Empire. The tactics vary depening on who the enemy is. When I fight all the north eastern armies I find it quicker to just go head on since none of there forces can withstand the phalanx. I always have chariots on hand that I hold in reserve until I see what the other calvary are doing. Ill even send them on suicide missions to kill the enemy general since chariots wipe out calvary with ease.
Romans however are only difficult to defeat later in the game so I use artillary to rain fireballs on them to reduce their ranks in large clumps. When they get in range Ill send in some armoured war elephants to disrupt there infantry formations and chariots to take out their calvary and catapracts to run down archers or artillery. I retain very little archers because their range kinda blows. Ill send in my phalanx and mop up what is left.
The cons are chariots and elephants. Anyone who has used them only hope they dont panic. If they do then it could turn out very bad.
Marcus Flavius Germanicus
2nd Cohort 2nd Legion "Traiana Fortis"
aka Jason Smith

Messages In This Thread
Re: Rome Total War Tactics - The NON-cheese variety - by Jason - 03-18-2008, 12:38 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Players needed Rome Total War Warrior of Italia 7 3,298 11-24-2018, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Stug50
  Rome 2 Total Realism 3 released JaM 2 5,939 12-04-2016, 09:33 AM
Last Post: Timus
  Rome: Total War II rononmaximus 250 92,495 10-16-2016, 10:35 AM
Last Post: womble67