Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Garum/Nuoc Mam Suggestions?
Ave all!!! Big Grin It's been far too long, since last I posted here at this wonderful forum.

I actually just spent about five minutes typing up a post, that was somewhat lengthy, whilst meant to be entertaining. Yet, that post went straight to Hades, when I inadvertently clicked on the 'Spell Check' button, thinking it was the 'Submit' button. Realizing my mistake, I attempted to close it. What I got was a constant stream of 'Spellcow' or somesuch windows opening...about 60 or so before I locked down my firewall!!! :x x x I would caution anyone to avoid using the Spell Check here.

That said, I'll now attempt to repost properly, in a nutshell.

I took in a stray cat, a little over two months ago, whom I've named Titus Pullo (after the character in HBO's 'Rome'). Sure, HBO's 'Rome' isn't the most historically accurate depiction of the fall of the Roman Republic. Yet, I loved the characters and show in general. So, I figured naming a young male cat after the rougishly charming Titus Pullo was in order. That notion was furthered upon discovering that 'Pullo' means 'young animal'. Smile

Well, I threw together a Myspace photo album, dedicated to my stalwart companion felis, Pullo. I captioned each photo with quotes, in the vein of what HBO's Pullo might say. There's one photo, where he appears to be daydreaming, which I captioned "I dream of frisky women, flowing milk and tuna, soaked in garum". Tongue

So, this got me thinking...would it be alright to serve the mighty Titus Pullo some tuna, with a few dashes of Nuoc Mam? I then immediately went to Google and plugged in "nuoc mam+cats". Much to my surprise, the first hit referred me back to this thread!!! Big Grin

Quote:My 6 cats especially like it in their home-cooked food that I prepare for them. :mrgreen: :twisted:

So, I must ask you Iulia, is it perfectly alright to season my wee man's food with a few dashes of Nuoc Mam? I've been thinking simply of canned tuna, with a few drops of the stuff. Though, might you suggest any more garumly seasoned delights for my Pullo? I dabbed a bit of the stuff onto a napkin and he seemed phenomenally intrigued by the scent!!! Big Grin
Javier Lorenz Jr.

"The path to salvation is narrow and as difficult to walk as the razors edge" - W. Somerset Maugham

Messages In This Thread
Garum/Nuoc Mam Suggestions? - by Methos - 02-25-2008, 09:49 PM
Re: Garum/Nuoc Mam Suggestions? - by Senovara - 02-26-2008, 01:28 AM
Garum Recipes - by Paullus Scipio - 02-26-2008, 02:17 AM
Re: Garum Recipes - by Aurelia - 02-26-2008, 01:38 PM
Re: Garum Recipes - by Senovara - 02-26-2008, 02:07 PM
Re: Garum/Nuoc Mam Suggestions? - by Methos - 02-26-2008, 06:45 PM
Re: Garum/Nuoc Mam Suggestions? - by Senovara - 05-18-2008, 03:18 PM
Re: Garum/Nuoc Mam Suggestions? - by Methos - 08-27-2008, 09:15 PM
Re: Garum/Nuoc Mam Suggestions? - by Methos - 08-28-2008, 12:55 AM
Re: Garum/Nuoc Mam Suggestions? - by The_Mariner - 11-02-2008, 02:51 AM
RE: Garum/Nuoc Mam Suggestions? - by Yehya - 06-25-2021, 03:37 PM