Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The first finnish made Scorpio- Complete!
Quote:It will be interesting to see what happens when you test it a longer range, against the armor. Even if the bolt does not penetrate, I'll bet the impact will be horrendous!

I'll elect not to wear the test lorica, either way, although there are those who might want to persuade me otherwise.

If you can get even 100 meters range, the idea will be convincing. I'm guessing that like lofted arrows, by the time they get to a usual target, the power is supplied by gravity, mostly, anyway.

They did a similar tests with 3 pieces of metal (2 made with ancient methods, the third one modern) and a reproduction of the 'manuballista' of Xanten. And the results were pretty nice. The 'ancient' plates were far superior to the modern one. The tests were done by the dutch Museum het Valkhof, Nijmegen and the german Rheinisches Landesmuseum, Bonn. I have the report at home, so I could check the distance and other details this evening.
ALA I BATAVORUM

Messages In This Thread
Re: The first finnish made Scorpio- Complete! - by Jvrjenivs - 03-03-2008, 07:56 AM
Sinew Rope - by jkaler48 - 03-03-2008, 07:47 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  All finnish RAT members! Virilis 13 2,816 04-25-2010, 08:43 AM
Last Post: Virilis