Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dissertation on Re-enactment - a plea for aid!
1) What gender are you?

Male

2) What is your age group?

46-55

3) What period do you portray?

Roman IV century, Iulianus Caesar/Imperator

4) What role do you play?

Tribunus

5) Why do you take part in living history activities? Which is the most important reason?

Hobby
Research
‘Live’ the past
Educate the public

But above all, to pay homage and memory to all the real roman soldiers who fought and suffered for our civilization

6) Are potential ethical or moral issues something you would take into account when participating in an event?

Yes

7) If yes, what issues would you consider? What is the most important?

Need for authenticity, is functional to the educational issue, not only a private satisfaction.

Need for commemorating all the real roman soldiers. Gratefulness to the ancient Romans.

8) Which would be of more importance to you in an event?

Education

9) At what point would you consider an event unethical or inappropriate?

The location
Violence with no educational purpose
Inauthentic display

10) Have you any other comments?

As mentioned above, commemorating is important to me and I consider like a rite wearing a reconstructed roman gear. So, I'd never can take to see a roman military kit offended by an unappropriate behaviour or purpose. Just a dignity matter.

I attended and organized small and big events and everytime, at the end, many people (often never interested in the roman matter, and often just there by chance) came to me sincerely grateful because we opened positively their eyes upon things they never saw or thought about the Romans.
TITVS/Daniele Sabatini

... Tu modo nascenti puero, quo ferrea primum
desinet ac toto surget Gens Aurea mundo,
casta faue Lucina; tuus iam regnat Apollo ...

Vergilius, Bucolicae, ecloga IV, 4-10
[Image: PRIMANI_ban2.gif]

Messages In This Thread
survey - by Robbie Phillips - 07-27-2007, 08:27 PM
Re: Dissertation on Re-enactment - a plea for aid! - by TITVS SABATINVS AQVILIVS - 07-31-2007, 01:54 PM