Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dissertation on Re-enactment - a plea for aid!
Hi, i'm only just starting out re-enacting, so i'm not sure how helpful i'll be but i'll put my views anyway Smile

1) What gender are you? Male

2) What is your age group? Under 25

3) What period do you portray? Late Roman

4) What role do you play? Currently a civilian, but will be moving on to a military role, in the near future.

5) Why do you take part in living history activities? Which is the most important reason? [b]Probably hobby, but educating the public is a reason aswell.

6) Are potential ethical or moral issues something you would take into account when participating in an event? Yes.

7) If yes, what issues would you consider? What is the most important? Need for authenticity, simply because of the fact that you are meant to be educating the public, not giving them a false impression.

8 ) Which would be of more importance to you in an event? [b]A mix of both education and entertainment is a must in my opinion, it has to be entertaining to keep the public intrested, and so they can enjoy themselves, but one of the main points of re-enactment/living history is to educate.

9) At what point would you consider an event unethical or inappropriate? Inauthentic displays, because it is misleading to the public.
Dave Bell/Secvndvs

Comitatus
[Image: comitatus.jpg]

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.comitatus.net">www.comitatus.net

Messages In This Thread
Re: Dissertation on Re-enactment - a plea for aid! - by Et tu brute - 07-27-2007, 05:35 PM
survey - by Robbie Phillips - 07-27-2007, 08:27 PM