Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attila und die Hunnen
Hi Robert,
... so glad you appreciated "the lighter side" of my arguments for buying that book.
For bargains as such...
.... in a way the book may also be like these "japanese language courses" one got "for free" when you bought japanese pressings of LP and CD "in earlier times". :wink:
(I was especially fond of their english lyrics' transcriptions, -- nearly as entertaining as the guides that came with italian technical goods in the 70's and early 80's if I may say so. :roll: )
For the book: I just ran (literally speaking !) into an old book of mine:
Germanen, Hunen und Awaren -- Die Schätze der Völkerwanderung
(Germans,Huns [no pun intended!] and Avars - Treasures from the times of the Big Migration) , Germanic National MuseumNürnberg 1987, compiled by Wilfried Menghin ( the one with the Langobards, long-time chief archeologist of Bavaria -- now a big shot in the cultural "nomenclatura" of Berlin -- and rightfully so !)
The new book on Attila is not only a worthwile addition or update and even partly a substitute to Bonas book from 1991, but also stands in the same relation to the 1987 catalgogue.
Yes, it is a bargain under all circumstances. But you definitely should also go and visit "the show" at Speyer. :!:
Greez

Siggi
Siggi K.

Messages In This Thread
Attila und die Hunnen - by Martin Müllauer - 07-13-2007, 09:38 AM
Re: Attila und die Hunnen - by Simplex - 07-25-2007, 07:47 PM
Re: Attila und die Hunnen - by Martin Müllauer - 07-26-2007, 08:42 AM
Re: Attila und die Hunnen - by Robert Vermaat - 07-27-2007, 07:48 PM
Re: Attila und die Hunnen - by Simplex - 07-27-2007, 08:26 PM
Re: Attila und die Hunnen - by Simplex - 06-16-2009, 08:47 PM