Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deepeeka\'s new Gallic and Itallic helms...Issues?
Quote:Anyone else remember when the deepeeka helms were $325 and not very authentic, but were the best we had for under $800???

Now they are $175, much more accurate than ever before, and...???

If you want perfect, go custom. For the price, Deepeeka helms are very accurate and a great value. There is significant cost to redesign and such that deepeeka has absorbed with NO price increase to us, and we (your deepeeka suppliers) have already voiced complaints on the construction issues. I am sure they will get better. I am also sure they will never be A) Free or B) Perfect.

I agree to a point Rusty, however, given the fact that the previous deepeeka models did not suffer from such production flaws...makes me wonder... One step forward and one step back puts you in the same spot. So now you have a helmet that is truly more authentic, but is suffering from major construction flaws. Does that make it better?

As a group commander, and I'm sure you can sympathize, it makes it tough to give my members clear answers on "what to buy" given the current choices out there. That is my biggest grief. How can I condone company "A" or product "B" if it's just as flawed as previous ones, only in a different way?

I'm finding now I'm being forced to say well, this product is "good enough", even though that goes against some of my standards, or proposed standards, because as you stated, unless you're filthy rich we can't all go custom.

Legion: TBD

Messages In This Thread
Deepeeka - by Paullus Scipio - 07-12-2007, 05:01 AM
Re: Deepeeka\'s new Gallic and Itallic helms...Issues? - by Magnus - 07-13-2007, 01:49 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Deepeeka Gallic F, Reshape? mroberts02 1 788 06-13-2021, 09:19 AM
Last Post: franciscus
  Deepeeka Imperial Italic D vs Gallic G Helmet Cheek Guard lenghts wwiigunz 0 1,182 09-21-2017, 08:51 PM
Last Post: wwiigunz
  Deepeeka Gallic a ah6306n Romulus 11 5,066 02-22-2017, 10:42 PM
Last Post: brennivs - tony drake