Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deepeeka\'s new Gallic and Itallic helms...Issues?
I don't wish to sound ungrateful but I feel I should add a comment here since we're talking about production flaws. My gallic "g" which I have worn exclusively since it's arrival had some very disturbing metal quality issues.
There were holes on it which were very poorly filled and left somewhat unfinished and at the browguard a long slash left untouched that was sort-of covered by the guard. I let these things go for the reasons stated by others( better than they used to be/ if you want quality you should buy custom,etc.) Also, I used the "happened in combat/field repair" rationale
but that still doesn't help my disappointment. Mine looked like it was made from scraps left over. Maybe this helps to keep costs down.
I hadn't intended to say anything but since the can of worms had been opened..........(a nasty place on the neckguard of my Monte, too, that looks like they ran out of brass to fill the gap-but that for another time.)
Did I mention that for whatever minor acuracy flaws my earlier "H" had none of these issues?
Andy Booker

Gaivs Antonivs Satvrninvs

Andronikos of Athens

Messages In This Thread
Deepeeka - by Paullus Scipio - 07-12-2007, 05:01 AM
Re: Deepeeka\'s new Gallic and Itallic helms...Issues? - by Gaivs Antonivs Satvrninvs - 07-12-2007, 01:45 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Deepeeka Gallic F, Reshape? mroberts02 1 806 06-13-2021, 09:19 AM
Last Post: franciscus
  Deepeeka Imperial Italic D vs Gallic G Helmet Cheek Guard lenghts wwiigunz 0 1,202 09-21-2017, 08:51 PM
Last Post: wwiigunz
  Deepeeka Gallic a ah6306n Romulus 11 5,096 02-22-2017, 10:42 PM
Last Post: brennivs - tony drake