Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st Century tent authenticity issue, need advice.
I need to get a tent and I am a bit confused. I notice pretty much everyone I have been around has canvas tents as a it seems the leather ones are prohibitively expensive to most. I saw online the Panther Primitives Contubernium Tent, but after hardware for the tent, taxes and shipping it will cost me about $400. I dont have that type of money at this time. I have been going to events, and waiting til its dark and them putting up my little crappy modern tent, then tearing it down early in the morning. A couple of the people have said to just buy a plain canvas A-Frame tent for $150 and thats fine.

http://www.fcsutler.com/fccanvas.asp

Will I become of source of embarrassment and ridicule for doing so? Will something like that stick out and get me nitpicked. I really dont take much grief over my modern one, because like I said--I wait til dark and pitch it as far away from the real tents as I can. But I dont want to spend the money, if I am going to look like equally as much a loser with the canvas as I do with the nylon pup tent. Money is tight these days. Thoughts?
Kevin Dopke

Marcus Lucilius Severus
Legio XXIV

Messages In This Thread
1st Century tent authenticity issue, need advice. - by sillious saurus - 07-11-2007, 02:29 PM
It is all a matter of degree - by Neuraleanus - 07-13-2007, 03:06 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Authenticity emj1s 3 1,136 05-14-2006, 12:30 PM
Last Post: emj1s