Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swastikas, Roman Gear, modern reenactment (cont from market)
Well, I personally would like an Obergammerau pugio, but not being a good compuer artist, I have not been able to interest anyone in getting on board! No factual evidence on this pugio is available to say it is impossible to do, or that it will offend anyone....just seems no-one is interested in doing the work, which if I could, I would!

Heiko, no offense either meant or taken, just seems my comments were taken as offensive or dismmissed out of hand, which is not what I wanted!

Healthy disscussion is all I want to provoke here, and I feel it is good for me to hear your viewpoints, as we often only get one side of a story!

That is why I have read as much as I can about the german side of the story, and also the Russian, aswell as any other books I could find on the subject! I would not consider myself to be an expert on it, but I feel I know enough to face up to the neo's when I meet them, and they are not from Germany(so far)!

I have always had German friends and like to have a wide scope of friends, also having to work with some very narrow minded people! I would think that healthy debate discussion is good for all, and do not point the finger at anyone here, so I can only appologize if you have taken offense!

When kids me and my friends, some german would play at WW2, and they got upset thet I was always beating them, ie the Germans would always lose....... so we swapped sides, and I played the Germans!

Then they got mad that the Americans would have to lose(played by them of course)!!!! So you see, it has nothing to do with pointing fingers at anyone to blame.....except perhaps I was a little too competative and always wanted to win! Soooooo, shoot me for that crime, but not for wanting to destroy anyones reputation or whatever...... 8)

I don't think that is what I am saying here anyway, and I believe you are taking me the wrong way!

I also have Russian/German ancestry, so I do not think I can be accused of bias! Big Grin
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel

Messages In This Thread
The nazis and the swastika - by Celer - 05-27-2007, 06:50 AM
sigh - by Caius Fabius - 05-27-2007, 07:52 PM
Re: sigh - by Tarbicus - 05-27-2007, 09:05 PM
Re: sigh - by Magnus - 05-27-2007, 09:23 PM
Re: Swastikas, Roman Gear, modern reenactment (cont from market) - by Gaius Julius Caesar - 05-28-2007, 11:55 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New "Roman" Abomination on the market jkaler48 3 1,259 08-26-2010, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Dithrambus
  New Releases of Roman Movies on the Market (VHS, DVD, etc.) Restitvtvs 1 1,154 10-06-2006, 03:03 PM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat