Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swastikas, Roman Gear, modern reenactment (cont from market)
I think that the discussion here has been good, although some people write with more emotion than others. It is good to read different viewpoints, and you don't have to agree with them all.

In the USA one of the fundamentals about personal liberty is: 'Sir, when you conflict another's personal liberty both have reached the limit.' (aka, your personal liberty stops before it hits my nose.) Sadly, even in the USA, this is no longer taught or practiced.

Do various people who are not nazi extremists hold the broken armed cross in high regard? Of course they do.

The 45th Division removed theirs because the government of the USA planned to get involved in WW2 and did not want to have the same symbol as a future enemy (even though it is reversed) on the uniform. Current revisionist history can say other reasons, but I was able to read the notes of the commander's discussion in the archives.

Does everyone want to rewrite history? History is just one person view of an ongoing story.

I usually refuse to be a moderator in any thread where I am involved in the discussion. Since I started this marginal and touchy discussion, I don't feel I should be moderating it.

I do ask people to re-read their posts and remove emotions that are extreme, even if you personally feel them, and to respect the right of others to disagree with your viewpoint, without become personally offended.

Thank you

Charles
Caius Fabius Maior
Charles Foxtrot
moderator, Roman Army Talk
link to the rules for posting
[url:2zv11pbx]http://romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=22853[/url]

Messages In This Thread
The nazis and the swastika - by Celer - 05-27-2007, 06:50 AM
sigh - by Caius Fabius - 05-27-2007, 07:52 PM
Re: sigh - by Tarbicus - 05-27-2007, 09:05 PM
Re: sigh - by Magnus - 05-27-2007, 09:23 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New "Roman" Abomination on the market jkaler48 3 1,259 08-26-2010, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Dithrambus
  New Releases of Roman Movies on the Market (VHS, DVD, etc.) Restitvtvs 1 1,154 10-06-2006, 03:03 PM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat