Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swastikas, Roman Gear, modern reenactment (cont from market)
Quote:
caiustarquitius:2ib4zccv Wrote:I understand how Germans feel, it's just I don't agree there is a need for them to. At least not most of them. Were you a member of the NSDAP? I bet not. We both know that most Germans weren't and yes, the Party DID have a major part to play int he start of the war, but... it would have happened ANYWAY. Hell, when the Wehrmacht started Operation Barbarossa, they found that the Soviets had pulled down all their border defences in preparation to attck West :-0

I suggest you to read some books concerened with this matter, so that you have the possibilty to change your opinion to one based on actual facts.
I'm sorry, but that offends me. You are acting like I'm some idiot who knows nothing about this. Perhaps YOU should read some books too. I'll give you two books: Hitler's Panzers East by R.H.I. Stolfi and another called The Chief Culprit: Stalin's Grand Design to Start World War II by Viktor Suvarov ([size=75:2ib4zccv]a new book by Suvarov, a Soviet defector--he's mentioned the same subject in his earlier books such as "Icebreaker"[/size]). These books clearly show that the Soviets were getting ready to attack West. Suvarov was a Soviet Intelligence officer before he defected and I beleive him. As for Stolfi, it's a good book and it's on the money. I love how any book not following the main-stream is called "revisionist history" it's not like this guy is the aforementioned David Irving ([size=75:2ib4zccv]whom I met once at a show in Baltimore... he was, shall we say, unfriendly[/size]).
DECIMvS MERCATIvS VARIANvS
a.k.a.: Marsh Wise
Legio IX Hispana www.legioix.org

Alteris renumera duplum de quoquo tibi numeraverunt

"A fondness for power is implanted in most men, and it is natural to abuse it when acquired." -- Alexander Hamilton

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.... But then I repeat myself." ~Mark Twain

[img size=150]http://www.romanobritain.org/Graphics/marsh_qr1.png[/img]
(Oooh, Marshall, you cannot use an icky modern QR code, it is against all policies and rules.)

Messages In This Thread
The nazis and the swastika - by Celer - 05-27-2007, 06:50 AM
Re: Swastikas, Roman Gear, modern reenactment (cont from market) - by DECIMvS MERCATIvS VARIANvS - 05-27-2007, 01:17 PM
sigh - by Caius Fabius - 05-27-2007, 07:52 PM
Re: sigh - by Tarbicus - 05-27-2007, 09:05 PM
Re: sigh - by Magnus - 05-27-2007, 09:23 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New "Roman" Abomination on the market jkaler48 3 1,259 08-26-2010, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Dithrambus
  New Releases of Roman Movies on the Market (VHS, DVD, etc.) Restitvtvs 1 1,154 10-06-2006, 03:03 PM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat