Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swastikas, Roman Gear, modern reenactment (cont from market)
Quote:And it's not fair to forgive the Germans and not the Japanese. As instigators of the war, it's not for us to say how the Germans and Japanese should or shouldn't conduct themselves after the fact. For some, it takes different amounts of time to heal the wounds of the past. No-one can say it will take 50 years, or 100.
Perhaps, but Japan gets to act like nothing happened and yet, Germany has to CONSTANTLY have it shoved in their faces? I think not.

Quote:We don't need swastikas on our gear. I'm all for freedom of this and that, but it shouldn't supercede common sense and that good old golden rule. If it's going to touch a nerve with some people, and you don't really have to have it on there, why not copy another pugio then?
Dude, I had some people come up to me once and tell me "You portray the Romans? Why THEY killed out Lord Jesus Christ! How could you" !?! :-0 I don't really do this for others. Not to really edjukate the publick... If I happen to do an event where the public is at, well peachy, but it ain't for them. They think we're whacky. And anyway, it ain't a pugio... Hell, I already have them on my gladius... and yeah, I'm ready for questions...
DECIMvS MERCATIvS VARIANvS
a.k.a.: Marsh Wise
Legio IX Hispana www.legioix.org

Alteris renumera duplum de quoquo tibi numeraverunt

"A fondness for power is implanted in most men, and it is natural to abuse it when acquired." -- Alexander Hamilton

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.... But then I repeat myself." ~Mark Twain

[img size=150]http://www.romanobritain.org/Graphics/marsh_qr1.png[/img]
(Oooh, Marshall, you cannot use an icky modern QR code, it is against all policies and rules.)

Messages In This Thread
The nazis and the swastika - by Celer - 05-27-2007, 06:50 AM
Re: Swastikas, Roman Gear, modern reenactment (cont from market) - by DECIMvS MERCATIvS VARIANvS - 05-27-2007, 01:00 PM
sigh - by Caius Fabius - 05-27-2007, 07:52 PM
Re: sigh - by Tarbicus - 05-27-2007, 09:05 PM
Re: sigh - by Magnus - 05-27-2007, 09:23 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New "Roman" Abomination on the market jkaler48 3 1,259 08-26-2010, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Dithrambus
  New Releases of Roman Movies on the Market (VHS, DVD, etc.) Restitvtvs 1 1,154 10-06-2006, 03:03 PM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat