Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swastikas, Roman Gear, modern reenactment (cont from market)
Quote: I dunno, it seems to me that EVERY single time WWII is brought up, Germans have their noses rubbed inshit over it. Hell, in Japan, they act like it never happened except for the evyil USA dropping an A-Bomb on them. To me, they pretty much got away w/ starting the war in the Pacific.

Different culture there Marsh. And it's not fair to forgive the Germans and not the Japanese. As instigators of the war, it's not for us to say how the Germans and Japanese should or shouldn't conduct themselves after the fact. For some, it takes different amounts of time to heal the wounds of the past. No-one can say it will take 50 years, or 100.

We don't need swastikas on our gear. I'm all for freedom of this and that, but it shouldn't supercede common sense and that good old golden rule. If it's going to touch a nerve with some people, and you don't really have to have it on there, why not copy another pugio then?

As a personal note, I happen to love the swastika's shape. To me along with this one, it's the most geometrically pleasing symbol used in a military context that I've come across (the picture below is the japanese Tomoe Mon).

[Image: tomoe.png]

Legion: TBD

Messages In This Thread
Re: Swastikas, Roman Gear, modern reenactment (cont from market) - by Magnus - 05-27-2007, 05:32 AM
The nazis and the swastika - by Celer - 05-27-2007, 06:50 AM
sigh - by Caius Fabius - 05-27-2007, 07:52 PM
Re: sigh - by Tarbicus - 05-27-2007, 09:05 PM
Re: sigh - by Magnus - 05-27-2007, 09:23 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New "Roman" Abomination on the market jkaler48 3 1,259 08-26-2010, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Dithrambus
  New Releases of Roman Movies on the Market (VHS, DVD, etc.) Restitvtvs 1 1,154 10-06-2006, 03:03 PM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat