Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Legio XXI prepping for SCA Warfare
Hibernicus, if you have any pics of your guys unit at any of the SCA wars you have all been at on the field, would love to see them.

I agree with what your saying in principle. Cause yeah, its true, trying to take out a well disiplined unit, specially one that is using roman tactics, is suicide, unless you severly outnumber them.

I still see the problem though I described earlier, at least on the field battle scenarios. If I was commanding the other side, I would ignore your guys, or send a token force, just to harrass ya, till hopefully I could bring much superior numbers at ya to take you out.

Granted, you should put a heavy toll on my units before you all go down, and that in and of itself, is something to be proud of. But still in the end, if I am on the winning side, I should end up winning.

Unless of course, the whole battle was hard fought, and what I have left to bring against your unit, isnt going to be enough to win it. Then I am going to be in a world of hurt, and most likely going to lose, breaking my back, trying to dig you out and take you guys out.

Biggest problem I see with a roman unit, isnt the roman unit in itself. Its the allies that are with you, that doesnt use the strengths of what you bring, and all run around like chickens with their heads cut off. Like a bunch of wild celts. Smile

Granted, a secret dream of mine, is to see all the reenactment legions, who also play SCA, show up to a Pennsic, and march on and off the field together, and also fight alongside each other as legions. Would love to look across the field and see that, and see how impressive it would look.

Bring big enough numbers, where units can not ignore you, and watch them crumble.

Smile
John Tibbs

Messages In This Thread
SCA - by Mac - 04-10-2007, 09:38 PM
SCA - by Mac - 04-10-2007, 10:44 PM
Re: Legio XXI prepping for SCA Warfare - by Fhyn - 04-11-2007, 02:43 PM
SCA - by Mac - 04-12-2007, 12:05 AM
Re: Legio XXI prepping for SCA Warfare - by Fhyn - 04-12-2007, 03:30 PM
Re: Legio XXI prepping for SCA Warfare - by Fhyn - 04-12-2007, 05:46 PM
SCA - by Mac - 04-12-2007, 08:15 PM
SCA - by Mac - 04-17-2007, 11:44 PM