Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Scutum Press and Scutum Blank Construction
Quote:Fix first at all the gain-strips!!!! One of them in the middle of the scutum (fit it that it has the right form of the handle – what is quite wasteful - or disconnect it by the circle.

Here you can see how it could look like (sorry I have no pictures of my Scuta at the moment).

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o127 ... tum228.jpg

Glue on the handle first before you are covering the scutum. Now cover the scutum first with linen an after that with leather. Now you should rivet the buckle and the handle very good together (so you must never fear to "lose your control" on your scutum if a adorable Teuton would kiss your scutum with his axe)!!!!!.

Thanks Patrik,

I may be a little confused here but have you covered your scutum with linen and leather, or do you mean linen inside face, and leather outside face?

I see what you mean about rivetting the handle on throught the whole of the construction - I am not planning on any Teutones getting too near my scutum with an axe. They would have received a short sharp thrust with my gladius long before that!!!!! :lol:
Sulla Felix

AKA Barry Coomber

COH I BATAVORVM MCRPF

Messages In This Thread
Re: My Scutum Press and Scutum Blank Construction - by sulla felix - 03-24-2007, 04:13 AM
Re: My Scutum Press and Scutum Blank Construction - by Johan S. Moen - 05-11-2007, 10:06 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roman Scutum Shields mrmovieprop 6 1,708 09-26-2018, 02:28 PM
Last Post: Flavivs Aetivs
  Planning my first plywood Republican scutum, advice needed torongill 2 1,658 11-02-2017, 08:31 PM
Last Post: torongill
  Anyone have a cheap imperial scutum? MarkAntony 1 903 05-07-2017, 07:26 AM
Last Post: Robert