Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Archaeological remains - who cares?
Seems there is never going to be a solution!
I feel the efforts the Greeks made to build a museum specifically for the Parthenon marbles have been ignored, and should be given their dues. What better place to see them than in the vicinity of the Acropolis? True this is just one issue, but it is one I feel is brushed aside at every mention.
Yes, at the time the marbles would eventually have been ground down for mortar or lime, but that time has long gone, and if it is possible to make exaxt copies, then there should not be a problem of having copies made for London, and returning the originals to Athens!
I think one or 2 countries have already made token gestures along this line, so it would kudos to any nation that made such a supreme and magnaminous effort, I think! I hope I am not being too political here, but if we are going to discuss this subject at all, seems to be there are some issues that have to be mentioned..... :roll:

Also, I hope I am not expected to recite in detail the entire history of every subject I comment on....not that I know it all :oops: :?
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel

Messages In This Thread
artifacts and replicas :lol: - by Caius Fabius - 03-06-2007, 01:49 PM
Re: Archaeological remains - who cares? - by Gaius Julius Caesar - 03-06-2007, 03:10 PM
Parthanon - by Caius Fabius - 03-06-2007, 03:23 PM
you are right - by Caius Fabius - 03-06-2007, 03:29 PM
Re: Archaeological remains - who cares? - by lisa - 03-06-2007, 03:52 PM
Re: Archaeological remains - who cares? - by lisa - 03-06-2007, 06:33 PM
Archaeology - who cares? - by Paullus Scipio - 01-21-2008, 02:58 AM
Re: Archaeology - who cares? - by Berbescu - 01-21-2008, 03:15 PM
Re: Archaeology - who cares? - by sonic - 01-21-2008, 04:31 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  red, white, who cares? What do the women like? richsc 58 11,188 02-10-2003, 02:14 PM
Last Post: Anonymous