Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help me identify these 3 bayonets?
Here come a American Civil War reenactor!
Okay, the top bayonet seems to be a to US Springfield 1861 model, fairly standard bayonet, these go for about on ave. around $125, maybe more or less.
The second bayonet is a British made bayonet, more than likely for an Enfield two banded infantry musket, not the full 3 banded type. Ave. price is $150-$200, more with the scabbard.
Then the 3rd one I'm not sure, but it seems close to a World war "1 & 2" types because of the font of the lettering on the stamp, maybe it is closer to WW1 since it has a leather scabbard. I'd guess it is around $100, but I'm not even sure what type it is!
This would be all the info I have on these items, but it gives good idea what they are and the first 2 look like they could have been used during the American Civil War or VERY close to that, withing 5-10 years TOPS.
Check out http://www.shilohrelics.com to get a better idea of prices and such, plus feel free to send photos, the guy who owns the shop it is a great guy to work with. Anyway I hope I've helped you in some way. Good luck!
Sean Marcum

Roma Victrix! 

Messages In This Thread
Help me identify these 3 bayonets? - by Magnus - 02-28-2007, 04:48 AM
Re: Help me identify these 3 bayonets? - by Marcus Cassius LegioXIV - 02-28-2007, 05:18 AM