Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need some help with Latin translation
Avete omnes,<br>
<br>
momentarily I am trying to build a diorama with some Augustean legionaries marching out of their camp on a Roman road.<br>
<br>
The idea is, to show legionaries of legio XXI Rapax in 14 AD on the march out to the first of Germanicus' campaigns against Arminius' Germans. Perhaps some 4 to 6 legionaries on the road, passing the tumbstones of their fallen comrades of legio XIIX (including the only known of Marcus Caelius) and also passing at least two officers (a centurio and their legate Aulus Caecina Severus). My work title for the diorama is something like "Legio XXI Rapax marching (or marching off or out, as a not native English speaker it is difficult for me to find the correct text).<br>
<br>
I intend to put a little tabula ansata with the diorama titles on the base and would like to translate it into Latin. So please, could anybody on the forum be so friendly and translate the title "Legio XXI Rapax marching (out of off)" into Latin? Other suggestions to title or the whole diorama idea ?<br>
<br>
Thanks in advance<br>
<br>
Uwe <p></p><i></i>
Greets - Uwe

Messages In This Thread
Need some help with Latin translation - by Uwe Bahr - 11-11-2004, 09:15 AM
Infantry man\'s grave stone - by Uwe Bahr - 11-29-2004, 10:17 AM
Re: Rapaces signa inferunt - Vetera, 14 CE - by Anonymous - 12-26-2004, 11:51 PM
Small scale - by Tarbicus - 01-24-2005, 12:04 AM
Re: Small scale - by Uwe Bahr - 01-26-2005, 01:42 PM
Re: Small scale - by Tarbicus - 01-27-2005, 02:48 AM
Wow! - by Caius Fabius - 05-09-2005, 08:16 PM