Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Late Roman Cavalry and Artillery - Comitatus Website Update
Quote:I've fixed the link to the video clip of my slinging on the beach. It is this link: http://www.comitatus.net/beach2.AVIAren't I dashing?!
Very much so! Thanks for fixing the link. Could you also fix the one where decimus shoots the ballista please? Big Grin I wanna see that!

Quote:Many many thanks for your wonderful comments about the website and some of the Comitatus features. THe purpose of my post wasn't to gather praise (honest!!) but to let Robert Vermaat that there are new things to look at. He gets very angry with me if I don't update him! :wink: :wink:
I'm so happy my wrath paid off.. Big Grin cry: ). Keep it coming!

Quote:Robert, I too am sceptical of the 'mounted plumbatae', but then I have my own ideas about that weapon. I think John's idea is to try all these weapons - we are, after all - an experimental research group. To discover if plumbatae can be successfully thrown from horseback, well ... that's worth knowing!

I agree. But there's that develish line between 'did they do it' and 'could they have done it'!! But I'm sure it's fun finding out!

Quote:The site looks very full because, as everyone in Comitatus knows, I carry my camera with me absolutely everywhere and take pictures of anything that moves, as well as anything that stays still for more than 10 minutes.
So you must have tons and tons of pictures..... :wink:
[/quote]
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)

Messages In This Thread
comitatus - by Graham Sumner - 11-20-2006, 11:22 PM
Re: Late Roman Cavalry and Artillery - Comitatus Website Update - by Robert Vermaat - 11-21-2006, 12:19 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roman Artillery Nerva 4 1,547 09-25-2014, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Nerva
  Website update with new info markusaurelius 1 1,103 11-18-2012, 08:57 AM
Last Post: Dan Howard
  The New Comitatus Website Ammianus 9 3,356 11-29-2009, 11:02 AM
Last Post: John Conyard