Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Late Roman Cavalry and Artillery - Comitatus Website Update
I've fixed the link to the video clip of my slinging on the beach. It is this link: http://www.comitatus.net/beach2.AVI

Aren't I dashing?!

Many many thanks for your wonderful comments about the website and some of the Comitatus features. THe purpose of my post wasn't to gather praise (honest!!) but to let Robert Vermaat that there are new things to look at. He gets very angry with me if I don't update him! :wink: :wink:

Robert, I too am sceptical of the 'mounted plumbatae', but then I have my own ideas about that weapon. I think John's idea is to try all these weapons - we are, after all - an experimental research group. To discover if plumbatae can be successfully thrown from horseback, well ... that's worth knowing!

Aitor, I must tell you that the ballista was based on lots of research, including your own - and the design was based on sensible interpretations of that research. Your 'presence' is in there somewhere. So if it explodes one day while I am nearby - I will blame you! Big Grin D

The site looks very full because, as everyone in Comitatus knows, I carry my camera with me absolutely everywhere and take pictures of anything that moves, as well as anything that stays still for more than 10 minutes.
~ Paul Elliott

The Last Legionary
This book details the lives of Late Roman legionaries garrisoned in Britain in 400AD. It covers everything from battle to rations, camp duties to clothing.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Late Roman Cavalry and Artillery - Comitatus Website Update - by Mithras - 11-20-2006, 04:33 PM
comitatus - by Graham Sumner - 11-20-2006, 11:22 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roman Artillery Nerva 4 1,545 09-25-2014, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Nerva
  Website update with new info markusaurelius 1 1,103 11-18-2012, 08:57 AM
Last Post: Dan Howard
  The New Comitatus Website Ammianus 9 3,355 11-29-2009, 11:02 AM
Last Post: John Conyard