Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Romans in Louisana and east Texas
Greetings I am AB Hammer but as a Roman I am Aulus Barrius Ferrarius.

I will be moved to La. in early June, and am looking for Romans to start gettings to know. I am an armourer of 22 years but am new to the Roman reinactment seen. But I feel that my skills will be of good use.

I am looking forward to the changes
Welcome to the South. Where are you moving from?

There are Romans in Dallas, Ft. Worth, Austin, Victoria, Houston, Cypress, and San Antonio. Probably some others that I don't know. But none of those places are particularly East except maybe for Cypress and Houston.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
I was in San Antonio the previous weekend, and talked with the store next to the Alamo that sells military figurines, including a lot of Legio XX Romans (I bought the signifer). The owners were interested in starting doing Roman: is there an existing contact in SA?
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
There is a Leg VIII Avg in San Antonio. Contact info on the Leg XX groups page.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
I am slowly getting more roman stuff together. Even though I do alot of SCA i would be interested in Roman reinactment as well. Welcome to the south and the forums Big Grin
Jason Bressie

Aedinius Sextus Maximus
Jason,

Please enter your real name into your signature. It's a forum rule.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Like this?
Jason Bressie

Aedinius Sextus Maximus
You may not have activated your signature.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
Well, I hope it is working now.
Jason Bressie

Aedinius Sextus Maximus
Perfect.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
Quote:Greetings I am AB Hammer but as a Roman I am Aulus Barrius Ferrarius.

I will be moved to La. in early June, and am looking for Romans to start gettings to know. I am an armourer of 22 years but am new to the Roman reinactment seen. But I feel that my skills will be of good use.

I am looking forward to the changes

Salve,

Did you make the musculata in the picture you are using in your avatar?

I've seen a lot of pictures of that the owner posted in a yahoo-group discussing the Praetorian guard and high officers... It's one of the best I've ever seen.
Jef Pinceel
a.k.a.
Marcvs Mvmmivs Falco

LEG XI CPF vzw
>Q SER FEST
www.LEGIOXI.be
Marcus Mummius

Yes I did but, the leather work and atachments were done by JD the owner. I am working on several designs of roman armour to make them as period as possible from the smiths point of view.
Quote:Marcus Mummius

Yes I did but, the leather work and atachments were done by JD the owner. I am working on several designs of roman armour to make them as period as possible from the smiths point of view.

Very nice work!
Jef Pinceel
a.k.a.
Marcvs Mvmmivs Falco

LEG XI CPF vzw
>Q SER FEST
www.LEGIOXI.be
Legio III in New Orleans actually got me started in reenacting: one of their group works in my agency and he pointed me to Matt Amt. However, they have I believe disbanded due to loss of venue, and more recently several had severe damage in Katrina, probably losing most of their equipment as well. If anyone can look them up it would be good to find out how they're doing.
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
I am now in La. Tired, sore, but gettings things together.

Aulus Barrius Ferrarius