Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Folks...This section is for you!
Ave Tirones!

Welcome to the Roman Army Talk Forum! You should know that this section is made especially for you! Within this part of the forum you will find "How To" guides, tips, tricks and advise geared just for the new guys.

Feel free to post questions or comments about items or gear that you are making. This section will assist you on putting together that first kit!

Within this forum (Re-Enactment & Reconstruction) we strive to recreate the most historically accurate Roman items for our Roman impressions. A lot of work goes into all projects made. The most important thing is to have a good time and to learn as you go! Again welcome and feel free to post, ask questions or make comments!

For some articles to get you going check here: http://www.romanarmy.com/cms/content/ca ... 11/51/113/
Decimus Apollonius
(Brian Camp)

Legio IX HISPANA
COHORS III EXPUGNATOR
Centuria I HIBERNICI
CON VIII AP

[Image: Brianssignature-1.jpg]

Legio IX Hispana Web Site:
[url:l69cdju8]http://www.legio-ix-hispana.org/[/url]
Ahhhhhhhhh, home at last! 8)
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Just saying hi.
My name is mick i`m 32 and was born and bred just outside the walls of arbeia roman fort in south shields.
The fort was my play ground as a kid and i have a special place in my heart for its history.
Just like to say what a great website you guys have here and maybe one day i`l get enough courage up to join a reanactement group.
Arbeia the Great
Michael Davidson

Hic nemo est quin Romam amet
Hi Mick, welcome here.
Don't forget to add your real name to your signature, it's a forum rule.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Hi Mick

Welcome. I know what you mean about Arbeia, no matter where I live I can not seem to get away from it. I have many haunting memories of it when I was little. I used to live at the bottom of baring street when i was in infant school and I remember my first school visit there. The museum building was full of skulls then. Over the years of my life I have been lucky to have worked there.

Paul Carrick

Valerius Valentinus COH v GALLO ( part of the Arbeia Society )

and COHORS I BATAVORVM M.C.R.P.F
Quote:Hi Mick

Welcome. I know what you mean about Arbeia, no matter where I live I can not seem to get away from it. I have many haunting memories of it when I was little. I used to live at the bottom of baring street when i was in infant school and I remember my first school visit there. The museum building was full of skulls then. Over the years of my life I have been lucky to have worked there.

Paul Carrick

Valerius Valentinus COH v GALLO ( part of the Arbeia Society )

and COHORS I BATAVORVM M.C.R.P.F

Yeah m8 i used to live on lawe road then henry nelson street and now i live on the other side of ocean road. are you still living local? what school did you attend?
Arbeia the Great
Michael Davidson

Hic nemo est quin Romam amet
Hi All,
Another Newbie and by chance I also grew up near Arbeia. Maybe that place had more effect than I first thought.
Up until this year I had never done any kind or Re-enactment and if I'm honest I had resigned myself to being dragged around the country by my husband with a group of, well, weirdos.
How wrong I was! I've found myself hooked after just the first event.
Unfortunatly I never really paid any attention to history at school so now I'm really having to work hard to learn my stuff. This site is a god send!
Mary Greenfield

[Image: Praesidiensis-Notitia-av.gif]
Hello Marina,

You've convinced me to join, if nothing else to keep an eye on the rest of youSmile

[attachment=0:3922tnl4]<!-- ia0 Maryport.JPG<!-- ia0 [/attachment:3922tnl4]
Catherine aka Flavia

A member of Comitatus Late Roman Reconstruction Group

Quote:Hello Marina,

You've convinced me to join, if nothing else to keep an eye on the rest of youSmile

[attachment=0:ntnadccj]<!-- ia0 Maryport.JPG<!-- ia0 [/attachment:ntnadccj]

:lol: it's a female take over :wink:
Fasta Ambrosius Longus
John

We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

[Image: Peditum3.jpg]
well we couldn't let you boys have all the fun!
Mary Greenfield

salvianus sororibus salutem dicit
Salvianus says greetings to the sisters

opportune advenis
Welcome!

agite ut domi suae sitis
Make yourself feel at home.

salvae sitis
May you be well.

Big Grin
Salvianus: Ste Kenwright

A member of Comitatus Late Roman Historical Re-enactment Group

My Re-enactment Journal

~ antiquum obtinens ~
Hi Everyone

I am another Newbie to the group. I have recently returned from holidaying in Roma. I already had an interest in Roman history including military and mythology but having spent 10 days in Roma I am completely hooked. I was able to go to a Gladiator School not far from the colosseum and was able to undergo some Gladiator training which was really cool. I have come back to the UK with a hunger to learn more and possibly join a re-enactment group in the UK.

Thought I would say Hi and if anyone knows of any re-enactment groups in the North-West of England could they me know.

Thanks.