Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Your Greek Artwork
Hi
Very nice art work here !
Here is my Peltastai:
[Image: peltastai.png]

H.Balck
Interesting. What programme do you use to create such fine little figures? Have you done any more with armour? Smile 8)
[size=75:2kpklzm3]Ghostmojo / Howard Johnston[/size]

[Image: A-TTLGAvatar-1-1.jpg]

[size=75:2kpklzm3]Xerxes - "What did the guy in the pass say?" ... Scout - "Μολὼν λαβέ my Lord - and he meant it!!!"[/size]
I used Poser 8, also Vue 8 and Cinema 4d.

Yes - I created hunderts of figures.

H.Balck
I hope these come out alright! I created them in Photoshop.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Bill
These are very nice! I especially like the helmeted man close up. His expression is great! With some,little, more attention to accuracy, you could illustrate for historical magazines. For example painting only coppies of existing artifacts etc.
Very nice job in any case.
Khaire
Giannis
Giannis K. Hoplite
a.k.a.:Giannis Kadoglou
a.k.a.:Thorax
[Image: -side-1.gif]
ευχαριστώ - go to www.looneybill.com to see more of my stuff, if you are interested. Big Grin
Bill
[attachment=2455]IMG_0526.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=2454]IMG_1648.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=2454]IMG_1648.JPG[/attachment]
The attached pictures are my 1st contribution to RAT. The 1st is more for atmosphere than authenticity & is reminiscent of the Ancient Warfare cover of Oct/Nov 07. My youngest daughter is modeling a knock off copy of a Corinthian helmet, my 1st aspis attempt by the ring method & a dory with MI point &butte spike. The next 2 pics are a tableau of my 2nd aspis experiment based on 4 overlapping layers of 5mm slats (more on this later), A Manning Imperial Corinthian helmet based on one I particularly liked in the British Museum & a xiphos made by Kirby Wise with modified hilt by me. The xiphos has since been further modified with a solid iron pummel. If there is interest I can provide more pictures & information on this weapon.
Please note – I live in Israel but despite the existence of LARP groups devoted to medieval, biblical & some Roman warfare there is little interest in the Greeks ( so far of all the people who have seen the Corinthian helm only one has recognized it for what it is). I work for Tel Aviv University’s Astro Physics dept & my wife Ben Gurion U – solar research & their libraries are a great resource for obscure, rare & often expensive literature. My efforts thus far in experimental archaeology are with Greek arms & armor , ancient bronze casting & Asian horse archery.

John Dann

I want to sculpt some of the characters in Lysistrata. I wanted to start off with one of the less important characters and then move on to Lampito and Lysistrata. I'm 80% sure this one will be Ismenia, the Boeotian girl.

It isn't finished yet so I'm not including the face in the shot. I'm thinking about giving her a more Greek hairstyle. I figured that since she have no clothes on she might just as well have her hair loose as well, but I'm not sure. I need to convince the model to don a Greek hairstyle if I am to be able to sculpt it though!
[attachment=3181]Figurative-sculpture_wip_sm.jpg[/attachment]

Edited to add: This is scale 1:4.

Hi all,

Here's a couple of my latest creations.
Hope you like 'em.

---Kostas

Hi all,

Here's a couple of my latest creations.
Hope you like 'em.

---Kostas

[Image: d4l2lh4]

[Image: d4qai4m]
Hi all

Here 's a couple of my latest creations.
Hope you like 'em.

---Kostas

[Image: full.php?member&image_id=2285620]

[Image: full.php?member&image_id=2301969]
Yes, I am aware of the many inaccuracies and contradictions in this painting, but I wasn't trying to achieve historical accuracy, or even depict a specific scenario. I was attempting to capture a neoclassical "feel" rather than a reference image. So please try to get past the natural inclination to scrutinize. :grin: I hope you enjoy the painting.

Bill
Man, some of the artwork on this "channel" is awesome!
Here's my psudo-fantasy version of Alexander's Bactrian wife-- Rokhshan with Gryfon's Egg.

[attachment=6850]ValkyaRokhshan009.JPG[/attachment]

Alan J. Campbell

member of Legio III Cyrenaica and the Uncouth Barbarians

Author of:
The Demon's Door Bolt (2011)
Forging the Blade (2012)

"It's good to be king. Even when you're dead!"
             Old Yuezhi/Pazyrk proverb
Man, some of the artwork on this "channel" is awesome!
Here's my psudo-fantasy version of Alexander's Bactrian wife-- Rokhshan with Gryfon's Egg.

[attachment=6849]ValkyaRokhshan009.JPG[/attachment]

Alan J. Campbell

member of Legio III Cyrenaica and the Uncouth Barbarians

Author of:
The Demon's Door Bolt (2011)
Forging the Blade (2012)

"It's good to be king. Even when you're dead!"
             Old Yuezhi/Pazyrk proverb
Painting some murals on the side of the pool

[attachment=10299]DSC03268.JPG[/attachment]
and here is the original from the Knossos Palace Crete.
[attachment=10300]farleftrear.jpg[/attachment]

John Kaler MSG, USA Retired
Member Legio V (Tenn, USA)
Staff Member Ludus Militus https://www.facebook.com/groups/671041919589478/
Owner Vicus and Village: https://www.facebook.com/groups/361968853851510/