Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project: Pugio Database?
With all the interest shown over time for pugios wouldn't it be worth creating a Pugio Database project similar to the helmet database? There is quite a bit of information about pugios amongst us and many interesting pics, too, so I think that this could grow into something very valuable indeed. Opinions, please?
Hi Martin,
Nice idea and I am certainly willing to facilitate it. However, just as with the helmet database, I need an editor. Someone who is willing to collect images and data and enter it all into the database. I can make it real easy to do, but someone needs to actually do it.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Quote:Hi Martin,
Nice idea and I am certainly willing to facilitate it. However, just as with the helmet database, I need an editor. Someone who is willing to collect images and data and enter it all into the database. I can make it real easy to do, but someone needs to actually do it.

Ok, I understand (though I don't know what it actually entails). Would it be possible to co-edit this between 2 or 3 persons (the idea for this came up between Peroni and me :wink: ) or does it have to be a single person?
Nah, easy enough to make it co-editable. That is no objection.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
I would also like to nominate Crispvs as editior. His knowledge of pugios far exceeds mine! I'm quite happy to help with photo's etc.
That's a good point Peroni: photos. As you all know, no photo gets uploaded to a database we didn't make ourselves/were given by someone who made them.
Do we have a sufficient number of photos to flesh out a start for the database?
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Would certainly be great if Crispvs could be persuaded to edit this. I'd be willing to help.

Quote:Do we have a sufficient number of photos to flesh out a start for the database?

I don't have much in the way of photos, but with access to the State Library here in Munich could probably supply much in the way of dimensions/measurements/bibliography etc.
Also, Künzing is not too far away from where I live ;-) )
What would the setup need to look like? Like the helmet db?
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Quote:What would the setup need to look like? Like the helmet db?

Just had a quick look at the helmet db and personally I think that this would be fine at least for a start. Place for pictures, place for description and bibliographical references. Don't know what options this software provides other and over that, though.
If nobody else volunteers, I'd be willing to at least start this as a sole editor (hoping that somebody will jump on the train and help/share the job later on).
Hi Martin,
The software provides for an almost endless row of extra data, if wanted.
And yeah, I think it'd be good to have a small team. We see how well that works with the helmet db.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Initiators, still interested?
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
great initiative!!...

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
Quote:Initiators, still interested?

Yes. I've been waiting for anybody else to join and tackle this, but it doesn't look like that I'm afraid ...
I'm still willing to try and start this then, as far as my time allows, of course, so don't expect too fast progress. What do I need to do/know/etc., Jasper?
same here i'd like to help out....

if there is no one else that is!

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
Not much at all Martin. Send me an email so I remember to set it up for ya.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pugio Database Structure Martin Moser 55 29,182 04-10-2008, 03:55 AM
Last Post: sulla felix