• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Status quo of the Imagebase
Three more Hungarians. <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Two more from Rome, troopers of the imperial horseguard this time. Thanks Dan! <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Three new Mainzians. <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
It's now possible to search the database for the date the records were last updated/added. I.e. entering 1-1-2004 will give the tombstones that were changed or added since that date (which is none, at this point). BUT that will soon change. We've been to Bonn, so a few new stones will be added and some old ones, like good ol' Marcus Caelius get photos of the real thing, instead of a concrete copy. <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
As of now, if you make a selection in the mainpage and click on one of the thumbnails, the whole recordset will carry over. So it's now possible to browse the recordset in detail, instead of having to click back every time to the mainpage. <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
More small improvements à nd new tombstones added. Let me know what you think...<br>
<br>
And finally photos of the original tombstone of Marcus Caelius! Hurray! <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub45.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showUserPublicProfile?gid=jasperoorthuys>Jasper Oorthuys</A> at: 4/20/04 7:24 pm<br></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
looking nice! I´ve noticed a small typo at the tombstone of Firmus: "so of Ecco" instead of "son of Ecco". <p>Professionals built the Titanic, amateurs built the ark<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
</p><i></i>
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
Hi Jasper,<br>
<br>
First of all cool images.....I've learned much from those few images that I have seen so far ( still have much to browse though lol).<br>
<br>
Now just wondering, I know that miltary diplomas play a huge part for our understanding of the Roman army. Will we see diplomas added to the imagebase anytime in the future?<br>
<br>
NH24 <p></p><i></i>
aka: Julio Peña
Quote:"audaces Fortuna iuvat"
- shouted by Turnus in Virgil\'s Aeneid in book X just before he is utterly destroyed by Aeneas\' Trojans.
Well... Not for now. We've got a long way to go with the tombstones. Diploma's are also much harder to find in museums, they usually have just one or two on display. Moreover, they are very hard to photograph in any useful way behind glass. The contrast of bronze & engraving is usually low, you see.<br>
More likely we'll be adding military - non tombstone like sculpture at one time. <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Ah....I see, thanks. <p></p><i></i>
aka: Julio Peña
Quote:"audaces Fortuna iuvat"
- shouted by Turnus in Virgil\'s Aeneid in book X just before he is utterly destroyed by Aeneas\' Trojans.
Whoever wants to make a link to a specific record. Please note that you should not use ?index=***, since that index is specific to every recordset used. The unique identifier is ?ID=***, the *** being the number of the record. (I.e. Marcus Caelius is IMB4, so can be found as ?ID=4). <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Two more, from Alexandria, Egypt, courtesy of the Grand Moff. <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Excellent! <p></p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny
Founder, Roman Army Talk and RomanArmy.com

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
Jasper - we have some images which will soon be online you may want for your database<br>
<br>
but I need some help with the inscriptions and translations - can you help with an idiots guide on how to use the manfred Clauss database or could you help in any way?<br>
<br>
can you email me on [email protected] ? <p></p><i></i>
In your mail!<br>
And yes please! Always interested in new images. <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roman soldier tombstones imagebase MagistraF 8 10,100 06-13-2013, 12:08 PM