Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hasta Pura Nomination
I know edge has made a few things...that one sword they made was cool...

Legion: TBD
Yup, he's putting together his nomination submission right now
See FABRICA ROMANORVM Recreations in the Marketplace for custom helmets, armour, swords and more!
I'll *insert relevant number here* that!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Thanks to all of you for the kind words (and nomination). I have posted my presentation on the Hasta Pura forum in 4 separate posts.

Edge
Gaius Aurelius Calvus
(Edge Gibbons)

Rules for Posting

LEG XI CPF
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.11thlegion.com">http://www.11thlegion.com

"Mens est clavis victoriae."
I have to say that the Hasta Pura situations are begining to appear a bit daft to me. It looks like if you show your Roman soldier impression and and it looks good your likely to get an award I'd say how crazy.
Brian Stobbs
Quote:I have to say that the Hasta Pura situations are begining to appear a bit daft to me. It looks like if you show your Roman soldier impression and and it looks good your likely to get an award I'd say how crazy.

Quote:1. The Hasta Pura Award is given by a group of Forum Members. These Forum members are those who have received the award already, and me. We have a discussion bord, where we decide who will get the next Hasta Pura.

2. Nominees will have to follow a model nomation to make their own nomination. Any nominations that do not follow the model nomination must have a darn good reason for not doing so, and name this reason in the presentation.

3. The terminology for a "reconstruction" is quite clear: Reproduce an object with the methods with which it was made. As this is usually hardly achieved, it is O.K. to present any "reproductions", as long as the presentation clearly states why (a) compromise(s) in the reconstruction process was (were) made.

4. Nominees may only participate with one (1) object or with a complete ancient historical impression (which requires, of course, much more work work for the presentation).

5. Nominations can be made by any registered forum user.

6. The award will no longer be given at a certain point, nor will there be any longer any deadlines. When a very good contribution is made, the award will be given after discussion (which may take a while)

Presentations are to be made in the following order:

1.: You must provide at least one good picture of the object.

2.: You must name the original that is reconstructed, cite the publication(s) concerned with the object, and provide (a) picture(s) of the original.

3.: You must name who made the reconstruction, with what method(s), with what material(s), and you must name any compromises in material and reconstruction method that were made during creation of the object.

4.: Only the text and pictures to be seen in the presentation are used for appraisal, no links. If you have more than three pictures you may make several postings.
Brian, if you would be so kind as to enlighten us which part of the award rules has been violated in your opinion.
Also, I wonder why you didn´t participate in the award rule creation process etc, but now find time to criticise it. The mods / staff and I were quite happy to be over w/ this topic. I´d also like to point aout that several people were nominated but didn´t find it necessary to write a presentation. In that sense, laudes to Edge.
Christian K.

No reconstruendum => No reconstruction.

Ut desint vires, tamen est laudanda voluntas.
I've only ever criticised this award was because I'm a corner-cutter and I'm jealous and covetous of it lol.

What's with you lately Brian? You go completely over-board on how pugiones and gladii are hung, then make fun of an award that holds authenticity in high regard...some consistancy on your part would be nice.

Legion: TBD
Salvete Omnes!

If we're being serious, I'd like to nominate Alan Wilkins. I do not know Alan well, but I do know both Len Morgan and Tom Feeley very well and I'm sure they would support this nomination. If it would be possible to award this to a group then all three should receive it for their contribution to Roman artillery :!:

My God, these three have given a lifetime to expanding our knowledge of all things Roman.
MARCVS VLPIVS NERVA (aka Martin McAree)

www.romanarmy.ie

Legion Ireland - Roman Military Society of Ireland
Legionis XX Valeria Victrix Cohors VIII

[email protected]

[email protected]
Yes I'll second that!!

I've only met them briefly to various extent, but the work they do is
another thing that got me into re-enacting.

The machines are facinating!!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
I would like to nominate Patryk (Nieczar) for his exceptional Kalkriese mask(s): link from old RAT He seems to be one of the most deserving artisans I've seen yet- his work is outstanding...
See FABRICA ROMANORVM Recreations in the Marketplace for custom helmets, armour, swords and more!
Quote:I would like to nominate Patryk (Nieczar) for his exceptional Kalkriese mask(s): link from old RAT He seems to be one of the most deserving artisans I've seen yet- his work is outstanding...

Seconded!
ALA I BATAVORUM
Patryk gets a vote from me too! Great work!
Jef Pinceel
a.k.a.
Marcvs Mvmmivs Falco

LEG XI CPF vzw
>Q SER FEST
www.LEGIOXI.be
Patryk gets my vote too. A simply beautiful reconstruction with step by step photos of the process. Outstanding.
Okay, well for the record we need a submission from him before we vote LOL Christian should contact him shortly and advise him of the nomination and of the submission procedure...
I definitely agree with that nomination. The mask is awesome. Evokes the original response to the first time I saw this mask several years back!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Edge Gibbons -- Hasta Pura Submission (1st Post) Gaius_Calvus 1 5,663 12-16-2008, 02:51 AM
Last Post: Magnus
  Edge Gibbons -- Hasta Pura Submission (Final Post) Gaius_Calvus 2 6,182 12-09-2008, 04:07 PM
Last Post: Gaius_Calvus
  Edge Gibbons -- Hasta Pura Submission (3rd Post) Gaius_Calvus 0 4,142 12-09-2008, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Gaius_Calvus