Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Niederbieber helmet cheek fastening?
Hi there, I was wondering whats the best fitting which is practical and historical for a
Niederbieber type helmet cheek pieces as some seem to be using a pin but I'm not quite sure how decent it can be practicaully.
Are there alternative cheek fasterning to this or am I missing something?
any help would be grateful
cheers
It is a pin fitting used by all helmets at this time. Strong and practical ( depending on how well the helmet was made in the first place ) . Helmets found without there plates, pins could have been removed or the weak part is the loop on the cheek plate which  has worn through. Also which variation of the helmet you are looking at ?
Regards Brennivs  Big Grin
Woe Ye The Vanquished
                     Brennvs 390 BC
When you have all this why do you envy our mud huts
                     Caratacvs
Centvrio Princeps Brennivs COH I Dacorivm (Roma Antiqvia)
But Hi, it’s more auxiliary helmet type e, which is the more steel frame with brass
Fittings. But tried looking up pin fittings but is it like a pin just sticking out of one
Cheek piece through the other and just slide in or is there more to it?
This is mine and we tried to keep as many details true to the artifact helmet as possible.

It's just a brass piece with a hole and a steel pin. As the cheek pieces are made well everything comes together easily and is snug.

For actual ancient combat helmets simpler is always better although we have all seen some very complicated helmets that came later, lol.

https://www.facebook.com/192680810937760...=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/192680810937760...=3&theater
Joe Balmos
Joe's helmet is spot on  Smile shows the pin  very well.
Regards Brennivs  Big Grin
Woe Ye The Vanquished
                     Brennvs 390 BC
When you have all this why do you envy our mud huts
                     Caratacvs
Centvrio Princeps Brennivs COH I Dacorivm (Roma Antiqvia)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Photo Niederbieber Helmet Question NBhelm23 0 137 08-02-2023, 03:05 PM
Last Post: NBhelm23
  Deepeeka Imperial Italic D vs Gallic G Helmet Cheek Guard lenghts wwiigunz 0 1,093 09-21-2017, 08:51 PM
Last Post: wwiigunz
  Apulo-Corinthian helmet with cheek pieces caiusbeerquitius 1 1,348 12-20-2007, 04:27 AM
Last Post: Celtic505