Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Show here your Roman soldier impression
The work of a domesticus is never done. A regimental chief-of-staff would often have to work into the small hours..

Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Amazing photos Robert!
I'm working on my own "scribe office" but it's miles away from your.
Excellent work!
Damian
(12-10-2016, 09:26 AM)Robert Vermaat Wrote: The work of a domesticus is never done.

Excellent pictures, Robert! Very evocative...
Nathan Ross
JMJ -

Since I am new to reenacting and this forum I find that a lot of times photos won't load from older threads/posts.  That is very unfortunate since there are a lot of good photos on here.

Here is what I have:

Still working on it...

Ignore the socks. Big Grin
YBIC
Mike S.
Good photos Mike  Smile  if you cut the toe and heel off your socks then not a problem  Wink
Regards Brennivs Big Grin
Woe Ye The Vanquished
                     Brennvs 390 BC
When you have all this why do you envy our mud huts
                     Caratacvs
Centvrio Princeps Brennivs COH I Dacorivm (Roma Antiqvia)
JMJ -

Perhaps I am out of line for asking, or maybe against some rule..., but I was wondering if some of the members who have posted pictures in the past (years ago) would be willing to re-post some of their pictures? I am 100 pages into this thread and I have only seen a couple of the pictures people have posted. For the most part the newer posts show the pictures, but even that can be hit or miss. I'm not trying to be rude, I am just very interested in seeing other peoples impressions.

On another note, I have learned that photobucket is not my friend...
YBIC
Mike S.
Michael it has worked on you, I use it as a ice breaker when sometimes the public don't know what to ask. Being a Dacian Auxillary it explains my sword well, but since I have rank now I still use it for thar purpose and it works great with kids  Smile
Kevin your lucky 12 months since seeing Fronto, we will have to suffer his terrible puns for the rest of the campaigning  season  Dodgy Confused otherwise he is very well.
Regards Brennivs  Big Grin
Woe Ye The Vanquished
                     Brennvs 390 BC
When you have all this why do you envy our mud huts
                     Caratacvs
Centvrio Princeps Brennivs COH I Dacorivm (Roma Antiqvia)
From Explorations 2017 in LaGrange:

[Image: hDcrB0d.jpg]
[Image: WgVJAma.jpg]
[Image: Rn8CjfZ.jpg]
[Image: K8ORLnT.jpg]
[Image: jJXNGo1.jpg]
[Image: HZPfDdN.jpg]
[Image: LoAJNKy.jpg]
[Image: zNLUEuI.jpg]
[Image: cxsZf0a.jpg]
[Image: T8PyQ19.jpg]
[Image: L2u4oWl.jpg]
[Image: N6pSdSU.jpg]

Me doing Principate:
[Image: vpIs9Dv.jpg]

And Late Roman:
[Image: BheLmvd.jpg]
[Image: CEsQBuC.jpg]
Getting better and better Evan.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
I'm going to redo my Pteryges into Scalloping actually (probably will just totally re-do the edging), and instead have a set made worn on a separate belt like Legio XXI Rapax does. They seem to have figured out how it was done.

But currently next step is a Type-6 Fibula and a Thorocomachus. Hope to have both by November.
Evan, I've been meaning to ask you about your helmet, details?
Joe Balmos
It's the DSC Intercisa-IV, I got it for free and then me and another guy in the legion reassembled it after punching holes in and stitching a leather edging onto it.

Basically it's an Intercisa-IV helmet, not much more to say than that. The decoration on it is based off other contemporary helmets and helmet fragments.

This image has a close-up (not me):
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/ori...181f8c.jpg
As a legionary vexillarius in Abusina (Eining) on 13th August

I know the vexillum looks a bit shabby, but it is still the one from 2004 and 2008, maybe I'll pimp it a little in the next months :-)

If you look closely, you can see gay dolphins with rocket engines on my parma. I copied them from a mosaic in the Gaziantep museum of archaeology. The two figures left and right of the shield boss are Sol and Luna.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Florian Himmler (not related!)
From Archeon Roman Festival, Netherlands, 2017.
 Slightly different to include a Lady, trying not to laugh.
 Pic courtesy of Hans Splinter.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Kevin
Nice impressions!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression Paul Elliott 20 11,111 10-07-2011, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat
  Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression Tadius Danartus 14 6,614 07-20-2011, 03:56 PM
Last Post: Gaius Julius Caesar