Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Show here your Roman soldier impression
LEG V ALAUDAE
(PAX AUGUSTA)

[Image: mini_301625CIMG4195.jpg]
Excellent Gillbert :lol: great impression for my favourite Legion, Keep up the good work Big Grin
Regards Brennivs Big Grin
Woe Ye The Vanquished
                     Brennvs 390 BC
When you have all this why do you envy our mud huts
                     Caratacvs
Centvrio Princeps Brennivs COH I Dacorivm (Roma Antiqvia)
Thanks Brennius.
Etruscan warriors, around 500 BC, with their King (PAX AUGUSTA, France)

[Image: mini_799367DSC09053.jpg]

[Image: mini_301306PaxAugustajuin2010270.jpg]

(why my photos are displayed in a small format?) I must correct what?)
[Image: mini_834257stromainengal0361.jpg]
Last week I was fortunate enough to be asked to help promote a Community dig in York, organised by the YAT.
A series of Roman marching camps around the northern end of York will be excavated early next year, before the new stadium is built.

[attachment=11151]1374108_10152861798535350_9164284083137981188_n.jpg[/attachment]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Magister that yellow plum on top of your intercisa helmet you should remove. There are no records of such helmets, at least I would have used feathers as some illustrations show and on TWC fora there are many models of such crested helmets.

Reno Melitensis.
Cheers
Hi Reno,

We don't have any archaeological evidence of Horsehair crests, no, although references to horsehair exist in both literary and artistic evidence from the period. They cannot in their entirety be ruled out: in fact the Santa Maggiore Mosaics, which date from the time of Aetius and the inspiration for my kit, are one of the few artistic depictions of horsehair plumes.

Thanks,
Evan Schultheis
Rennie,

Why would the Roman army stop using crests on their helmets just because they changed the style? The soldiers still needed to recognize their officers in the field, and a horsehair crest is a good way to identify your commander. While there is evidence for feather crests, there is also evidence from various sources for horsehair ones too.

Magister,

What rank are you in your group? A file leader? The crests in the photos looks good and I really like your Coptic tunic.
Regards, Jason
Well, I'm really Comes et Magister Utriusque Militiae in Praesentis cum Imperio Seniore (Count and Master of Both Services in the Presence [of the Emperor] with the senior command) because no reenactor on the planet has called dibbs on it yet, so dibbs.

But that impression is about 10 years off, so yes I am just representing a front-ranker in an auxilia palatina unit. Tongue
Gentlemen - this thread is for photographs and not discussion, as interesting as it may be. May I ask you to start a new thread, please, and leave this to photographs? Thanks.
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
[Image: 770129BFC2592.jpg]

[Image: 390832BFC2576.jpg]

[Image: 539787BFC2587.jpg]
Quintus Julius Furius
Sébastien Lemoine

[Image: copie2debanniere1002n.jpg]

http://www.asso-viaromana.com/
Very nice.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
A long time...

Some pictures to my new armatura.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Damien Deryckère.

Les Herculiani.
http://lesherculiani.fr/
Impressive Damien! How much does it weigh? And do the shoulder pieces inhibit your arm movements?
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression Paul Elliott 20 11,222 10-07-2011, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat
  Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression Tadius Danartus 14 6,695 07-20-2011, 03:56 PM
Last Post: Gaius Julius Caesar