Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Show here your Roman soldier impression
Seeing all the great impressions here i cant help but post a couple of pictures of LEGIO XV fighting deep in the forests of scandinavia.[attachment=0:tr76y879]<!-- ia0 20640_351990190026_637715026_5181668_5409933_n.jpg<!-- ia0 [/attachment:tr76y879][attachment=2:tr76y879]<!-- ia2 26945_353397196345_724896345_5249074_369688_n.jpg<!-- ia2 [/attachment:tr76y879]
Quote:Seeing all the great impressions here i cant help but post a couple of pictures of LEGIO XV fighting deep in the forests of scandinavia
I see you have received help from the future! Big Grin
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Yes, good thing the time portal managed to get that mediieval londsword through to you in time to stave off defeat!!! :mrgreen:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
If anyone was wondering where the comments about the Gallic D reconstruction had gone, I moved them here.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
Well, not a very close shot, but here is my new cavalry impression.

[Image: impresion.jpg]

More pictures at facebook...
Very nice scutum. It seems like a beautiful beach that you are on.

What helmet are you wearing and do you have any other pictures of your armor.
"You have to laugh at life or else what are you going to laugh at?" (Joseph Rosen)

Paolo
Looks wonderful!
Jef Pinceel
a.k.a.
Marcvs Mvmmivs Falco

LEG XI CPF vzw
>Q SER FEST
www.LEGIOXI.be
Thanx

The helmet is the deepeeka's Shelby White collection, but without the mask and with the Gloucester cheekpieces of the Deepeeka's Weiler helmet. I have thought a sytem to give more stability to the helmet, very important in cavalry matters:
it's heavy padded, and i have used very long straps to cord it. I have not made the knot at the front of the face, i have pass it at the cheekpieces rings, crossed it, and cord it at the neck, over the helmet neckguard.
Very impressive. I like your impression. Well done. Can't see more pics on your facebook account?
ALA I BATAVORUM
A closer shot of the helmet.

[Image: CIMG6215-1.jpg]

I have to wait to have better pictures, but, yes, at facebook you can find more pictures.

here, you can see the rear knot over the cheekguard.

[Image: casco-1.jpg]
What is the shelby white collection from deepeeka?

Is it on their website?
"You have to laugh at life or else what are you going to laugh at?" (Joseph Rosen)

Paolo
Is this:

[url:bfhw6apw]http://www.armamentaria.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_3&products_id=2&zenid=0aa7333a1cc45903a3b7a6b36a296e9a[/url]

Based in:

[url:bfhw6apw]http://www.romanarmy.com/cms/component/option,com_helmets/task,view/cid,245/Itemid,96/[/url]
Thanks for the reply.

I must say that I have not seen this helmet at the Metropolitan Museum. I know since I live near this place and have visited it several times.

When I go again I'll look more carefully.

Paolo
Great stuff Cesar! Big Grin
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
I'm posting these here and in Allies/Enemies, as they really apply to both. 5th century Gothic or Vandal tribesman serving in the Roman army. Diamond pattern trim in these photos is modern upholstery fabric, but I met a woman at this event who does handwoven diamond-twill wool. She'll be supplying the trim for the ultra-period version of this outfit. Squamata is my own creation, constructed from Deepeeka scales. Boots from Armamentaria, modified by me for my 1.5" leg difference. Also added hobnails. Pilleus is a vintage 1950's woman's pill-box hat I found on Ebay for $12. I want to eventually go to a spangen helm with punch decoration and repousse and a planked dished round shield. My goal is to be able to walk off an SCA field, change helms, and walk onto a reenactment field.
[Image: Ostrogothpilleus.jpg]
[Image: Ostrogothhelmlarge.jpg]
[Image: Armor_908.jpg]
[Image: Ostrogoth.jpg]
[Image: squamatacoronation.jpg]
Franklin Slaton
Semper Ubi Sub Ubi
Your mother wears caligae!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression Paul Elliott 20 11,221 10-07-2011, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat
  Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression Tadius Danartus 14 6,692 07-20-2011, 03:56 PM
Last Post: Gaius Julius Caesar