• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Show here your Roman soldier impression
Multiperiod photo; from Legio I Germanica:

[Image: IMG_0834bb.jpg]
Carme
[url:utwukq64]http://www.primagermanica.com[/url]
[Image: vexilium.jpg]
There's some very good effort there.
"In war as in loving, you must always keep shoving." George S. Patton, Jr.
Excellent multiperiod photo of excellent multiperiod group! :wink:
Martin
That's a great mix and a great bunch of impressions Big Grin

Definitely doing Republican next.
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Thank you commilitones!! Big Grin D D
[Image: 120px-Septimani_seniores_shield_pattern.svg.png] [Image: Estalada.gif]
Ivan Perelló
[size=150:iu1l6t4o]Credo in Spatham, Corvus sum bellorum[/size]
out of curiosity but is the third person from the left (with the red shield) standing in a hole?, he seems small (considering that i'm almost 2m tall)
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
Hey Fauentane, it seems you and friends coming by stargate directly from the various roman times for a meeting... Big Grin

Vale,
TITVS/Daniele Sabatini

... Tu modo nascenti puero, quo ferrea primum
desinet ac toto surget Gens Aurea mundo,
casta faue Lucina; tuus iam regnat Apollo ...

Vergilius, Bucolicae, ecloga IV, 4-10
[Image: PRIMANI_ban2.gif]
Quote:out of curiosity but is the third person from the left (with the red shield) standing in a hole?, he seems small (considering that i'm almost 2m tall)
He's a 11 years old friend of us, who is passioned for reenactment and his father made a smaller but real equipment for him, I wish I had that when was his age too!! :wink:

Quote:Hey Fauentane, it seems you and friends coming by stargate directly from the various roman times for a meeting...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
[Image: 120px-Septimani_seniores_shield_pattern.svg.png] [Image: Estalada.gif]
Ivan Perelló
[size=150:iu1l6t4o]Credo in Spatham, Corvus sum bellorum[/size]
From left to right:

Faventianus (IV century), Tibisius (III century, optio), the kid (altimperial), Jordi Garcia (Auxiliar, I century), Avitianus (war of the four emperors, legionary), Maritimus (augustean period), Bernus (republican period, triarius), Placidius (republican period, veles)

There are more impressions in the group, but no more members... :lol:
Next time we'll wear two helmets, two armours, etc. :roll: Just kidding. :wink:
Carme
[url:utwukq64]http://www.primagermanica.com[/url]
[Image: vexilium.jpg]
Quote:I´m working on a complete diffrent design for a friend though, witch will be more suted for petrigues. The first one is made to be used with a slimfitting Hamata but the new one is more adapted for use together with a Seg. Radically diffrent design. More of a square vest with a rectangular shoulderpiece in one piece.

Yesterday I finished it!!! Will post a picture this afternoon. With Petrigues and all.
Quote:Yesterday I finished it!!! Will post a picture this afternoon. With Petrigues and all.
Good - just in time for your birthday. Congrats on both! Big Grin
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Here´s a pic of it... http://www.myarmoury.com/talk/viewtopic ... 8857#88857 ... but I cant figure out how to show it here on RAT.

(EDIT: I manage to put a picture in...)
Thats impressive! Very archaic looking! It is for Hamata?
Can I show off mine for some constuctive criticism? It is for a sementata, and need some mods for authenic fastening!

I have the same prob myself when trying to show pics! :oops:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
It works with a L. Ham., but it is made for a L. Seg. I have another one (the white one futher up in this thread) witch is made espechially for a Hamata with short sleves.
OK I was just wondering with the peturges, as some people say that they are not used with segmentata! Mine opens at the front like you other one, but need to find proper fasteners, a sat the moment i am cheating and using kilt buckles! :oops:

I was thinking along those lines for a centurion hamata sub, but then I have seen pictures in osprey, I think, of peturges on a subarmalis for a seg so....
looks good to me!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression Paul Elliott 20 11,209 10-07-2011, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat
  Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression Tadius Danartus 14 6,689 07-20-2011, 03:56 PM
Last Post: Gaius Julius Caesar