Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ROMAN ENCAMPMENT at Fort Parker in Texas MARCH 11-13, 2016
Ave All............it is my pleasure to announce another Roman Encampment at the beautiful Ft. Parker located in Central Texas. The Event dates are March 11-13, 2016.
Yes, after a few years of hiatus we are returning to Ft. Parker and we welcome any and all Roman Legions, Allies and Enemies from the time of Julius Caesar to 1st through 4th Century AD.

CAMPING:
NOTE: the Fort Parker Historic Site , in order to help support their site, is charging participants a fee of $5.00 per tent. This $5.00 will be paid to the site , this helps with their running costs, as they provide the amenities of bathrooms and showers for us.
There are NO other fees to attend this event, as we said, we will keep you posted on fires, Texas got a lot of rain lately so hopefully there will not be a burn ban.
Will be as in the past, period tentage/awnings etc.......no modern tents in the living history encampment area, however there is modern camp sites available in other parts of the park.
Here is a link to the site to explain more of that:

tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/fortparker

SITE ADDRESS :
Ft. Parker Historic Site
194 Park Road 28
Mexia, Texas 76667

We will be camping outside the walls of the fort (see images below of past events)

You will need to bring your own firewood, depending on a burn ban, fires may be tentative....we will have more info and updates on that as we get closer to the event.

PUBLIC:
Will be going through the site during the weekend. When they are present, especially, we will present ourselves as the history professionals we are.

ACTIVITIES:
Drill, Marching, Camp Life and general living history.
PLUS.......a great time for Texas Romans to gather and do what we love best....promote the history of the Roman Empire.

If we are fortunate to have enough Enemies; i.e., the Celts or any others , we may try to set up their camp in a different area, but not far, from the the Roman camp.

The response thus far has been great, if you have any questions, feel free to CONTACT me here through RAT or through my email: [email protected]

I look forward to seeing all of you this spring at Ft Parker, hopefully this is a start to begin building annual events here in Texas.......Antoninus

Ft Parker images and some images of past encampments

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Michael T. Boyd
Victoria, Texas
Cohort V
Legio Hispana IX
Cornuti Seniores

Roman Soldier Impressions are focused on 1st Through 4th Century AD
Mind if I post this on FB RAT?
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
(01-22-2016, 04:03 PM)Erichsc Wrote: Mind if I post this on FB RAT?

Hi Richard............please do, thank you, Antoninus
Michael T. Boyd
Victoria, Texas
Cohort V
Legio Hispana IX
Cornuti Seniores

Roman Soldier Impressions are focused on 1st Through 4th Century AD

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roman Army School 2016 Renatus 2 3,319 01-10-2016, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Renatus
  Roman Living History in Texas Antoninus05 7 2,535 01-05-2015, 11:33 PM