Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ancient History Magazine Kickstarter
The results from our survey are very encouraging, so we've started a Kickstarter campaign to get Ancient History Magazine off the ground. Please consider supporting our venture! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/113...-the-groun
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
I pledged, and posted the kickstarter notice to all my Facebook history and classics groups. Now all of you can do the same.
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Thank you, and excellent example!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Hey Jasper, I've just received my first subscription in the mail, and I'm wanting to back this. If I order it now since I just got the subscription will it double down or will it count for next year?

ETA: Is there any chance if I put a large donation in I could get back order copies instead?
"I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know." ~Cicero

Hi Aaron
AHM is its own thing. If you got the 60euro (or up) level, you could select to get an extra year of AW sub, that's no problem.

Instead of books, yeah, we could probably convert that to back copies.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Jasper,

Pledge is out. I gave a tad more then the 60 Euro. I would like to talk about those back orders on ancient history if that's possible.

I wish you guys/gals the best of luck, and it's good to see a magazine out on ancient history. I'm helping spread the word, along with getting other people that love history to help get this off the ground.

Hi Aaron
Thanks so much! Re back issues: after the KS is over and if successful, we'll survey all backers to see what their choices are. So that's when we'll get back to you too.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
I pledged! Happy to give my small contribution to this new project ... Keep up the good work Jasper (and team). I will spread the word to my colleagues in Italy.
Best!
SM
--------
SM.

ὁπλῖται δὲ ἀγαθοὶ καὶ ἀκροβολισταί (Strabo,IV, 6, 2)
Thank you!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
I am in too

hope for the best,

I DL the sample too and I very happy with the content, I don't like the Magenta titles though, maybe you can think of another color
-----------------
Gelu I.
www.terradacica.ro
www.porolissumsalaj.ro
Thanks!
We've found that Magenta displays very differently depending on your screen's settings.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Wow. Half way over the goal and we still have 27 days left. I think we can make this happen.

I can tell you my weekend looks a whole lot more relaxed now than in did before Wednesday at 1.59 PM, western European time. Big Grin
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
And for those of you who need convincing (one way or the other), there's now even a video with ME!
Ancient History Magazine Kickstarter
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Thanks to the generous support of many, the Kickstarter is almost fully funded! We've got two more weeks to go, so if you haven't yet, now's your time! (to paraphrase the Duke of Wellington...)
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ancient History Magazine - free PDF Praefectusclassis 2 3,390 03-05-2015, 01:22 AM
Last Post: daconey
  Ancient History Magazine? Praefectusclassis 12 2,871 01-21-2015, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Renatus
  "Tragic history" in ancient historiography eugene 0 1,370 01-03-2011, 08:31 PM
Last Post: eugene