Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roman groups wanted for Event in Moscow!
Hi all!
I am posting on behalf of Daria Isaeva, who is coordinating "Times and Epochs" in Moscow this year.
She is looking for some more groups to participate in that event. :-)

If you are interested post below, or contact me via pm. Perhaps Daria herself will also join the forum and can answer any questions you may have ;-)

[attachment=11697]Invitation-Times-Epochs-2015.pdf[/attachment]

Quote:Welcome to the festival “Times & Epochs” 2015! Roman Empire in Moscow.
Dates: 5-7 of June 2015.
Site: 15 min by metro from the center of Moscow, Park-reserve “Kolomenskoye”

Times & Epochs" is the biggest reenactment festival in Russia since 2011. Every year we change the epoch of the festival and invite the best clubs from all over the world.
We provide: trip refund, visa support, meals 2 times a day, places in tents and rich program.
If you have questions, do not hesitate to contact Daria Isaeva - foreign participants coordinator.
[email protected]

We are looking for Romans groups.

Attached Files
.pdf   Invitation-Times-Epochs-2015.pdf (Size: 1.87 MB / Downloads: 0)
Christian K.

No reconstruendum => No reconstruction.

Ut desint vires, tamen est laudanda voluntas.
We were asked in November I think. But too far off the beaten track. Wink
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Thanks Christian for the info, I sent Daria an e-mail though it's rather late to gather all of my members do to vacation planing.
We had such a great desire to participate in this fest! But...Ukraine now is an insurmountable obstacle. It is now very danger to travel by bus there!
It is impossible to fly with airplane as we cannot load all of our shields,pila and armor. I do not know which airline will carry us with all our equipment! We will have a lot of excess baggage.
We had a meeting in our club and we discuss all ideas for transport. But I do not see a way to jump over Ukraine. If the fest were in a different historical period (World War II or I WW), the airplane is a decision of the issue. Uniforms are easy to transport!
There are other open issues in a possible detour from Belarus to Russia by bus (let all who wish to travel to not underestimate this problem):
Must be issued 2 tourist visas.One for Belarus and one for Russia. In the current political situation, I want to assure you that this will not be NOT very easy.
Only the price of the Russian tourist visa is 90€.I have not ask how much the Belarusian visa is for now.
There will be additional costs for travel from the province to the capital cities in which reeenactors live to be placed these visas.
Valid passports are needed for these two visas. This journey through will be very long and will have to make at least 2 overnights(before entering in Moscow.) Remember that a professional bus driver can not drive more than 8 hours (it is monitored be taho digital card) ,these are additional costs of 4 overnights (2 in direction).
It must be cover the cost of accommodation and meals 2 professional drivers (if traveling by bus).Do not expect the 2 drivers to sleep in tents as the reeenactors.The2 professional drivers should be accommodated in a hotel in Moscow (additional very big expense).
It is necessary to have someone in the group who is fluent in Russian language. I want to assure you that in Belarus and in Russia on the road you will not meet occasional citizen who speaks English. In big cities it is a different situation, probably you can meet someone.
Customs services of Belarus and Russia are very difficult (soft speaking). It is desirable to prepare some extra money and gifts and to hang you for hours in checkpoints.
Radostin Kolchev
(Adlocutio Cohortium)
http://legio-iiii-scythica.com/index.php/en/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roman Soldier. The exhibition in Moscow, Russia Potator 2 2,554 02-25-2016, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Potator
  Participants wanted, first \'all late Roman\' Event Daniel S Peterson 72 18,276 04-14-2005, 07:34 AM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat