Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Facebook group: 1000+ members
We have now 2000 members in our FB group... 8+)
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
[Image: fectio.png]
Where's the beer, Jasper??
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Just passed 2100. Now, a number of the posts, like Olaf's, are getting a lot of detail, though in addition to a lot of less serious stuff. It would make a worthwhile visit if you haven't been there.
Richard Campbell
RAT member #6?
Any response to the painting auction on Facebook, Richard? As the response on the Forum so far as been well....underwhelming! :???:

Graham.
"Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe.

"Every brush-stroke is torn from my body" The Rebel, Tony Hancock.

"..I sweated in that damn dirty armor....TWENTY YEARS!', Charlton Heston, The Warlord.
If I say I'll have to look that sort of points out the problem. FB has that 'rolls off the screen' immediacy that tends to hurt this kind of thing. The answer is a 'sticky'. Or something like that. Its own group or page?
Richard Campbell
RAT member #6?
Graham - I posted the picture auction onto the Park in The Past Facebook page - with an equal lack of responses. I think that Facebook is not really that effective a forum for actively engaging people. It's too easy to press 'like' and move on. It seems that people lack the attention span to take in information or act on anything if it involves any more effort than that one 'click'. (If just half the people who allegedly 'like' PiTP were to sign up as friends, we'd be financially secure, and not be needing to spend quite so much of our energy fine tuning our business plan - but I digress!)

I suggest that if no bids are forthcoming you should wait until we have the televised event in July - at which point everyone will suddenly want a piece of us - ironically when we've already passed the stage at which we really needed their help! Obviously we won't forget those like yourself who stepped up before it was fashionable.

Thanks again for your support!

Robin Brown
Director
Park in The Past Community Interest Company
Parkinthepast.org.uk
As suggested, if you put anything on FB that you want visitors to see then put it as a sticky. It's not about people on FB having less attention, it's more about having something for them to pay attention too. I totally agree, 'Likes' are irrelevant, it crazes me that people make so much of how many they have for their page.
The bottom line is (in my opinion) if you want people to interact on your page then you have to give them interesting stuff to read. Social media works, you put the time in and you will get the results.
I'm sure you've thought about the crowdfunder types of thing? Maybe have Graham's painting as part of that, donate X amount and get that? Maybe do that type of funding for specific parts of the project?
Lawrence Payne

Asking me to tile your bathroom is like asking Vermeer to creosote your shed ;-)
[url:2kdj7ztq]http://www.romanmosaicworkshops.co.uk[/url]
www.romanmosaicworkshops.co.uk
www.romanmosaicpatterns.com
It isn't easy to capture eyeballs and keep interest going, which is why you keep seeing those teaser headlines like "this guy really nails it". Almost tabloid in terms of getting attention.
Richard Campbell
RAT member #6?
Just as an update FB RAT gets a good number of visitors, but like anything FB one has no idea how many of the 2800 actually cruise through. But in the latest on the underwear, even Dan Petersen joined in.

Also, the FB RAT-Marketplace is over 300 members, and growing quickly with a number of vendors added in lately. I have been deleting vendor posts on RAT and shoving them in there, which helps.
Richard Campbell
RAT member #6?