Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Park in The Past - 19-26 July 2015
Park in The Past Community Interest Company is looking for expressions of interest from Roman groups who wish to come to North East Wales next summer to help start work on building a Roman Fort.

http://m.leaderlive.co.uk/mobile/mnews/1...ummer.aspx

You can find out more about the project and how you can give your support at http://parkinthepast.co.uk
We, in the land of the Dumnomni will help out if we can, and would be happy to do so as long as our old friend Julius Cabonicus Balticus will help out.....JCB.
Kevin
Kevin
To help raise some money I will auction off the following painting. All proceeds will be donated to the project. Hopefully in future many RAT members will make use of this site so it will be in all your interests to make a bid.

The auction will be on until December 31st. The winner will be notified in the New Year.

This is an ORIGINAL painting in Gouache on board. Approximately A3 in size. Un-framed. The painting was published in Ancient Warfare magazine. Hopefully you all know what the subject matter is!

The winner will also receive some of my postcards of a Legionary and Auxiliary soldier, a fridge magnet and some information on other archaeological sites in North East Wales.

You can bid here or if you wish to remain anonymous send me a bid in a PM, I will announce the amount of the bid here but not who it is from.

There is a reserve of £50

Graham.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe.

"Every brush-stroke is torn from my body" The Rebel, Tony Hancock.

"..I sweated in that damn dirty armor....TWENTY YEARS!', Charlton Heston, The Warlord.
Richard, can you make an announcement on Facebook RAT?
Any interest? Confusedad:

Graham.

"..I sweated in that damn dirty armor....TWENTY YEARS!', Charlton Heston, The Warlord.
In an effort to get some bids, there is now no reserve!

Graham.

Hasty people. Sure, I"ll bid whatever 50 pounds would be in US $$.

And I'll post on RAT FB if it isn't already there.

(hang on, how long have I been missing this?)
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Hi Richard

Just to point out that there will be a postage charge.

Do you still want to bid?

The auction has been on for two weeks.

Graham.

Sure! I have been shocked by Royal Mail charges on multiple occasions: this won't be unfamiliar.
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
I may be able to track down a cheaper delivery quote than Royal Mail to to US. I've send plenty of Roman boots over the pond!
50 pounds is US $77.79, for reference. Shipping from Britain usually isn't killer. I've ordered from Britain and I've never really payed more than 15 bucks shipping, max.

I'd bid on this but I'm in college, so alas, money is a thing I do not have.
Congratulations Richard you are the winner!

The painting will be posted to you as soon as possible and the money donated towards the Park.

Happy New Year!

Graham.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  LRE VII Nijmegen, July 27 - August 2, 2015 Robert Vermaat 6 3,109 08-03-2015, 10:09 AM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat